lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2016, 09:38 PM   #1
marcus11wyatt
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo S4 Express

Do I have to take off the dash to install a radio? Drill out rivets?
Thanks for any help!

Anyone have any pics?
marcus11wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2016, 10:40 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo S4 Express

It would be *much* easier to drill out the rivets and pull the cowl to do a radio .... Always is. Personally, I'd recommend a setup that we have been installing on Customers carts for awhile now, it's fairly inexpensive but the sound quality is excellent (and I own Belles, LaScalas and KLF Klipsch at home as well as Altec A5's, so real quality is important IMHO) ....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are a few pics of the easiest install EVER, The Amp mounts under the cowl, the head unit actually clips into the ball holder (or can be mounted w a 1/4-20 screw anywhere You'd like, it's backlit so the locations are almost endless) and a simple 30" piece of 1.25" Aluminum pipe provides a mounting point for the speakers (and allows positioning for either riding or hanging out and partying) .....

20160910_181411.jpg

20160910_181449.jpg
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:48 PM   #3
marcus11wyatt
Not Yet Wild

Did u remove the dash to install radio and run wires?
Old 11-30-2016, 01:56 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

If You drill out the rivets and remove the cowl (hood) you will have full access to the area where You need to mount the unit itself, the controller has a long cable and can be mounted basically anywhere You wish. The dash is actually part of the whole floorboard/dash assembly, the cowl is what You want to remove. Drill out the rivets, 2 bolts on each side and a rivet at the bottom on each side, done deal.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:30 PM   #5
marcus11wyatt
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! I appreciate the help.

This is the first cart i have owned.

Also, do you know how i would wire it to the key so that it will turn on when key is turned?
Old 12-01-2016, 10:52 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

That's an easy one - the head unit (if You use the one I mentioned above) has 2 power wires, one red that goes to permanent power (IE the battery) and another that is your actual power trigger (yellow if I remember correctly) - wire that one to the cold side of your keyswitch (which will be visible and accessible when You pull the cowl) and it will come on w the key and off w the key. Use a DMM to determine which side of Your keyswitch is which, or just wire it to one side, if it turns on and off w the key You're good if it stays on constantly then wire it to the other side of the keyswitch.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:28 AM   #7
EZ GO L4 Beach
Not Yet Wild

I put a Tractor Tunes roof mounted stereo on mine with bluetooth. I changed the speakers out to Kicker 6.5 LED speakers to match the LEDs I have underneath the cart. Puts out great sound and super easy to install. Waterproof as well. I also used a waterproof push button LED switch to power the radio.

http://www.tractortunes.com/roof-mount-stereo-console/

https://www.oznium.com/anti-vandal-led-switch
EZ GO L4 Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:45 AM   #8
EZ GO L4 Beach
Not Yet Wild

Here are some pics that show the unit and the switch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender (7).jpg (151.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4363.jpg (121.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4410.jpg (264.2 KB, 0 views)
EZ GO L4 Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:01 PM   #9
marcus11wyatt
Not Yet Wild

I like that!!

Is that a USB charging port? Just wired to the battery?
Old 12-02-2016, 09:55 PM   #10
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Generally from what We've found and seen over the years, the roof-mount setups suffer from premature failure due to vibration and water intrusion, insect nests, etc - they work well for a season or so but over time are more problems than they're worth, if You seal them up well enough the head units tend to overheat, etc ... The USB Charging Ports are all over Amazon and Ebay for under $10, they also just wire into a hot lead and ground and You're done. Make sure You buy one that outputs 2.4A or more if You plan on using it with any "Fast-Charge" devices though otherwise many of them don't even provide enough power to maintain Pandora and Bluetooth running on a more demanding phone
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO