lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2016, 10:15 PM   #1
ewiggins7299
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default No rear shocks on refurbished cart?

So. I will soon upgrade my motor on my cart. My cart is a 2012 TXT that was "refurbished" and now has an ST body, lift kit, and 23" tires. Watching videos, one way to access the motor is to remove the drivers rear wheel and take off the shock. I go to check this out for planning and discover that I have no rear shocks, just leaf springs. Is this how the cart should be set up? I assume the shocks may have been removed snice the cart was lifted. The cart also has a back seat kit.
ewiggins7299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2016, 07:37 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: No rear shocks on refurbished cart?

Depending on how the lift was done the original shocks might not have had enough travel. If it was used on smoother surfaces a person might never notice the difference without shocks. I work with a shop in a big campground and there are several carts running around out there that I know don't have any rear shocks. The surfaces they run on are paved or maintained gravel roads, so no real "off road" type use.
If I were you I'd want t get shock s on it though. Particularly with a back seat you have lots of weight variables. Take some measurements of distance between the upper and lower mounts: both at full drop (jack up the body till the tires leave the ground) and compressed (on the ground with weight on the back).
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO