lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2017, 08:44 PM   #1
Strongpersuader
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Adjusting throttle cables

Can anyone enlighten me on how to adjust both throttle cables on a G16. I understand how to make the adjustments but the governor and throttle cables are pretty confusing on syncing them up.
Strongpersuader is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2017, 10:54 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Adjusting throttle cables

Isn't it same as a G2/9? Those you don't mess with the governor to carb cable, you only adjust the throttle (pedal to governor) cable under the floor panel. You adjust it so it starts before the carb opens, and set the governor nut for the speed you want. You can pull the pedal off and move it up a spline for more pedal travel, some seem low and don't give as much travel. Some do that when they hook the cable direct to the carb, to get it to open all the way. You can also adjust where the pedal switch kicks in, in case someone messed it up. It should start soon as you press the pedal a little. Personally I set the engine to idle just faster than the starter, and I put about 1" of pedal travel between starting and when the carb opens. I can set my foot on there and it will idle.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:01 AM   #3
Strongpersuader
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks Sho, the gov to pedal has an adjustment on it also. So what your saying is when the pedal is pushed, the throttle valve is to just barley move/open? I have them adjusted to that point so is that the case?
Old 03-12-2017, 07:14 AM   #4
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

I believe that you have the service manual. I followed those instructions--checking/measuring the stop switch, then turning the gov arm CCW and adjusting for full throttle, then the same adjustment for full throttle at the pedal. It worked out great.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:16 AM   #5
Strongpersuader
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Ok Dave, I have the throttle opening full when the pedal is pushed all the way down but when I let off the throttle stays open probably half way. Is this the way it should be? Confused
Old 03-12-2017, 09:30 AM   #6
Strongpersuader
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Throttle pedal all the way down, then let off as you see the. As you can see it's not closing all the way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0954.jpg (90.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0955.jpg (85.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-12-2017, 10:48 AM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

If the throttle shaft does not close all the way back, you may have a damaged cable. Accelerator cable #1 (at the pedal) should have some slack, or you can break the cable end off. There is no adjustment on cable #1 at gov arm bracket, just tighten the jam nut. Accelerator cable #2 should also have slack in it. Allowing you to push the accelerator pedal, releasing the brake and opening the stop switch before the throttle shaft opens.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:15 AM   #8
Strongpersuader
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Ok that may be the problem. My gov to pedal have adjustments on both ends. Both cables are new. I guess it's possible they sent the wrong cable. You think this may be the case?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0956.jpg (144.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0957.jpg (104.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0958.jpg (103.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-12-2017, 11:36 AM   #9
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Picture #1- at the gov, normally the nut would be all the way to the end of the threads on the rubber hosing side. Also, I can see there is no slack on cable #2 at the gov lever. Your adjustment at the pedal is also to tight. Just need some adjusting
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 11:57 AM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I see the bracket holding the cable #1 is bent at the Governor. Cable does not point toward Governor arm correctly.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha