lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2017, 08:33 PM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charge receptacle fuse/wiring (36v 2000.5 ds)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
Gee, I didn't know we had the option to omit a safety feature the manufacturer designed into the cart. I can tear out that **** reverse buzzer now.
Everyone that installs a DPI charger on a Club Car removes a much more important safety device which is the Controller lockout.

The fuse does not prevent You from driving away in these old 2 prong charger plugs, it only prevents the possibility of a bad short in case You do drag the charger OFF and the wires somehow touch each other.

I explained its function and suggested the recommend method of routing the charger cable when You don't have a controller lockout circuit.

As long as you have another method of reminding You the cart is on reverse, the buzzer could also be disabled.

I guess is not as much about omiting as it is an alternative safety method
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2017, 09:01 PM   #22
crash test dummy

Old 04-08-2017, 09:23 AM   #23
Drgordon13
Not Yet Wild

So I ran the cables through the new fuse and made sure all my connections were tight...battery charged fine...let it go for like 2 hours and checked voltage meter and read 41.3 directly off the charger. Now I am going to mount this setup and continue on from there!
Drgordon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:51 PM   #24
Drgordon13
Not Yet Wild

So last question as everything seems to be going well with the charger so far, where do the reverse wires hook to? Those are the last things I have to do!
Drgordon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:18 PM   #25
crash test dummy

i do not know on a conversion kit ... you should contact scottyb
scottyb@cartsunlimited.net
Old 04-30-2017, 11:50 AM   #26
nohustle54
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That charger wire fuse was only used in carts that are not disabled when the charger is plugged to the cart.

If You were to drive OFF while the charger is still plugged, you could rip off the plug and cause the wires to short.

If You loop the charger cord through the steering wheel, You don't need the fuse.

The charger itself already has a fuse to protect against a charger failure.
Good day to you all. Just to be be clear, I have a 48v conversion kit installed
on my 86 DS (no OBC), and will be complete as soon as I install the charger receptacle. I have 17a DPI "Floating/Automatic" charger. Can I attach the receptacle + "directly" to battery #1 + without a fuse? If I do need to place a fuse in line with the + receptacle wire to + #1 battery, what size fuse.

Note: The controller requires me to place fuse inline from controller to + #1 battery. See pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg POS Terminal.jpg (87.1 KB, 0 views)
nohustle54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car