lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2017, 11:58 PM   #1
PHILJOBAC
Not Yet Wild

Default Intermittent failure to start electric EZ-GO

Hi all, I recently started having a minor problem with my electric EZ-GO that it was "dead" when I pushed the accelerator.

Details of the cart are:

Textron Model TXTPDS Date Code L0306 Serial 2433310 Label#75983609

This started out as very infrequent and pressing the accelerator a second time seemed to solve the problem. It has now escalated to very frequent (15 - 20 times in an 18 hole round) and I often find myself pressing the accelerator up to 20 times before the cart becomes mobile. Once it is running it is fine, it is just the initial take off that is a problem.

It seems to assist sometimes if I switch the ignition on and off a few times.

I have cleaned all the wiring and contacts on the ignition, the forward/reverse switch, everything in the pedal box and all battery terminals.

I have tested for a fault code by moving from neutral to reverse 5 times, but I only get 1 beep presumably indicating that the performance option is in all terrain mode, nothing further.

I am at a bit of a loss here, thinking maybe to short out the ignition and see if that helps but I am scared this could cause other damage. I know full well that intermittent electrical problems are the hardest to track down, but I am still hoping that somebody has some advice for me please!
PHILJOBAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2017, 09:04 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Intermittent failure to start electric EZ-GO

When you say "dead", do you mean the solenoid does not click when you push pedal?

If so, you might have a failing pedal microswitch.

When the pedal is up, the NC contacts are open and when the pedal is pushed the lever arm is released and the NC contacts close, telling the controller to energize the solenoid. There is a tiny spring inside the microswitch that close the NC contacts when the lever arm is released and after a while, (IE: your cart is 11 years old) gunk builds up and the itty bitty spring weakens, so the NC contacts may stay open when lever is released.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Microswitch- 600x750 with labels - edited.JPG (46.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 06:47 PM   #3
PHILJOBAC
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Intermittent failure to start electric EZ-GO

Much appreciated, will start there then!
PHILJOBAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO