lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2017, 08:15 AM   #31
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: only have reverse

If swapping the white and black wires at the controller gives him forward and reverse, what's wrong with my idea?

That's assuming what died in his controller isn't a sign that his controller will eventually completely die.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2017, 08:44 AM   #32
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
If swapping the white and black wires at the controller gives him forward and reverse, what's wrong with my idea?

That's assuming what died in his controller isn't a sign that his controller will eventually completely die.
One half of his controller died. They always fail one side first. My neighbor ran his in one direction for a season before the other side went.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:44 AM   #33
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I only have experience with a gasser and a series cart.

Is there anything electrically or mechanically that could take out one half the controller, but not the whole controller - such as changing wiring or rolling it, without placing it in tow mode - or do these examples take out the whole controller?

OP said it happened after doing some rewiring.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #34
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

The reason I'm asking is to help the OP decide which way to go.

I don't have to have my golf cart available all the time. I would probably just live with only forward. OP can also upgrade to a ScottyB controller for less than the $1,000 mentioned by the OP.

I never drive where I can't easily tow it home.

In my Living Will, I say, if my ticker gives out due to my playing with high voltage, try to jump start me. If it just ran out of ticks on its own, don't waste your time.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:51 AM   #35
uteswags
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK I try to explain what I have tried. As per Scotty B I swapped the top and bottom wire on the FWD/REV switch. This still only gave me REV even when the switch was in FWD. Step two I swapped the Black and the White wires over on the top of the controller. This gave me FWD but no REV even with the switch in REV. The reason it costs me $1000 is because I live in Australia and exchange rate plus postage kills me every time. If you can get me a replacement one to my door for less than $1000 Aus dollars I will be happy to get it. As I said the one I have at the moment is a Altrax 400 I don't want anything less than this.
Cheers
uteswags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:34 AM   #36
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

And my question is, do you drive it where it can easily be towed home if it completely dies? And if it completely dies, can you live without it, while you wait for a replacement?

If either answer is no, then I'd replace it. If yes to both, I'd live with just forward, but I gave you info on how you can have forward and reverse, if you need it.

ScottyB said his experience is, once one side dies, the other side isn't far behind.

I also asked the forum if you did something - like the recent rewiring - and that took out forward, is it possible that reverse will continue to work its normal expected life, since it didn't die of natural causes, you likely accidentally killed it.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:18 PM   #37
uteswags
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
And my question is, do you drive it where it can easily be towed home if it completely dies? And if it completely dies, can you live without it, while you wait for a replacement?

If either answer is no, then I'd replace it. If yes to both, I'd live with just forward, but I gave you info on how you can have forward and reverse, if you need it.

ScottyB said his experience is, once one side dies, the other side isn't far behind.

I also asked the forum if you did something - like the recent rewiring - and that took out forward, is it possible that reverse will continue to work its normal expected life, since it didn't die of natural causes, you likely accidentally killed it.
I use it on a golf course so i only need reverse ehen i get it off the trailer. I think i might have killed when we totally rewired the cart . I know you explained how to wire it so it will work but it didnt make much sence to me im better with diagrams

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
uteswags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:12 PM   #38
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Post #25 shows how to wire up the switch. The only thing additional is you need to take the FNR switch wires and connect the middle wire with either of the outer wires, and tape off the other outer wire.

If you decide to live with just forward, could you place the run/tow to tow, and with your free leg (I don't know which side your steering wheel is on), push it backwards and roll it off the trailer?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO