lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #1
HAPPYVALLEY
Not Yet Wild

Default Wiring harness instructions

Does anyone have wiring instructions for ezgo wiring harness part 73043-G01?

This thing is way to complicated for a guy like me and I am going to have to read something.

I took it off due to a 48 v upgrade. Presumably I will need to put my 48-12v reducer somewhere in there but I really do not know where.

If anyone has any other links that might be useful that would be appreciated as well. I am clearly in way over my head but I am also almost done with the upgrade!

Thanks for any assistance!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HAPPYVALLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2017, 06:13 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring harness instructions

Happy, unless I'm misunderstanding something, I don't think you should have had to change out your accessory harness to upgrade to 48v. The accessory harness is just for your 12v stuff-lights, horn, etc.

I removed mine during my rebuild, and had pictures of it all layed out in the configuration it goes in the cart. Unfortunately, it looks like I deleted those photos. It basically goes from the headlights, spurs off to the dash for key switch, continues under driver's side, leg for horn (if applicable), up driver's wheel well with a leg for 12v fuse block (green wire was 12v supply) branches off to driver's tail light, wraps behind seat where factory model picked up + from battery 5 (green wire), branched off one way to passenger tail light, other way with black wire to - on battery 6. Try laying it out around the cart in that basic configuration and hopefully it will make sense.

Not sure if any of the above helps. You should be able to google the manual for your cart or locate the diagram in the stickys above. Also not sure if the colors would be the same, but I can check mine to try and help.

Your reducer will get pack voltage from +1 and - from last battery. You'll have to decide how you want to turn it on/off. Separate switch, key, but it will also depend on if your reducer has a trigger wire. The 12v out from your reducer supplies your 12v fuse block. All of your accessories get powered from there.

Hope at least some of this helps.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:49 AM   #3
HAPPYVALLEY
Not Yet Wild

This is very helpful thank you.

I took mine out as I took the car down to nearly just the chassis. I took the approach of not documenting anything as I figured I would need to understand it all later when I put it back together.

Now it's later. Shoot.

In terms of switching, my preference is to continue to use the existing key switch that I have so I will need to figure out how to integrate the voltage reducer. My voltage reducer does not have s trigger wire, just two ins and two outs.

Again, thanks for your assistance!

Old 05-15-2017, 10:10 AM   #4
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Happy, hopefully one of the big guns will jump in here soon. In the meantime, try searching this forum for "reducer". How to switch a reducer on/off has been talked about multiple times, and there are examples of doing it multiple ways. Here is one I found, but not sure if this has what you need. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...t-reducer.html

Where did you get yours? There's a lot of talk of the cheaper ones failing often along with not having a trigger wire. Also, I'm not positive, but pretty sure, that if you don't have a trigger wire, you're going to need to use a 48v relay.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:07 PM   #5
HAPPYVALLEY
Not Yet Wild

I have the cheap one from Amazon!!!! I love Amazon prime and for some reason willing to buy lots of cheap crap if it can be delivered in two days!!!

I did some continuity treating of list of the wires in the harness to determine where they go and think I know what to do next.

However, my preference is to not have the reducer always on, and instead have it switched by my key. I don't have that figured out yet.

This stuff is fun!!!!

Old 05-16-2017, 04:21 PM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's a couple of converter diagrams. Hope it helps and not confuses.
Attached Images
File Type: gif reducer wiring .gif (73.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg voltage converter wiring diagram (scottyb).JPG (119.1 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:40 PM   #7
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Kernal, thanks for jumping in. I've seen the diagram on the left before. I think it came from crash test dummy?? I've never quite understood it. What is the dashed red wire from the key portraying? Can the op run batt + through the key switch?

Hopefully not hijacking happy' thread, have just always been curious about that diagram.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:13 PM   #8
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think its an option to run thru the key switch instead of the off/on switch. Never actually used it myself. I have separated my 12v system to a stand alone battery.
I don't think the wire colors are standard on the converters/reducers. This is not my jam. I have grabbed lots of wiring diagrams over the years and post them occasionally in an attempt to help. Really every situation is different.
BTW, the terms converter and reducer are used interchangeably but not really the same thing. The converter being much more efficient and I think everyone agrees is really what you want.
It might have come from CTD. He's good at that stuff. Maybe he'll see this and jump in.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:20 PM   #9
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Kernal, don't know enough to know there was a difference. I assumed ctd's diagram wasn't necessarily color specific, I just wasn't sure exactly what he was depicting with the dashed line.

I didn't know a thing about carts, or electrical wiring for that matter, when I started my rebuild. I still don't know much, but even though my cart is pretty much done, I still read this site all the time in the hope of learning more. I received a tremendous amount of help from the guys on this site, including yourself. I try not to steer anyone in the wrong direction, but I enjoy responding to the threads, as it makes me think a bit and try and recall things I've learned.

Happy, study up on the attached thread. There are a couple of diagrams in there depicting how to wire your reducer through the key. I've seen Sergio help many people with electrical questions, and I've got to assume he has some sort of e engineering background. I've yet to see him stumped. The other diagram shows an option for adding an on/off switch in addition to the controlling with the key. I wired mine through a push button switch, instead of the key, as I didn't want the cart to be able to move if I'm parked listening to tunes. Plus, I found some really cool switches . I still had to use a relay, as the switch wouldn't have handled the amp draw of the reducer going through it.

good luck

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...cer-keyed.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO