lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2017, 10:48 AM   #1
jc90883
Not Yet Wild

Cool 2003 txt solenoid clicks doesnt run

Hi I have a 2003 txt series controller. Worked fine. Tried to move after using it on race day. No movement, all of a sudden made a noise like cables fraying. No smoke no smell. Pushed it off the trailer and started looking. Noticed that the solenoid was rusted on the bottom and the resistor cable was broken. Changed those as well as a new diode. Fully charged the batteries and have 6.55 volts on all 6 batteries. Solenoids clicks, however no movement. Measured the voltage at the solenoid and got a reading of 0. Batteries are filled regularly with distilled water.. Any help is greatly appreciated. BTW if any vets out there, THANKS
jc90883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2017, 11:39 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 txt solenoid clicks doesnt run

Check the 4 wire Molex connector that connects the throttle box cable with the wiring harness, between the FNR and controller. I could usually wiggle or unplug/replug mine and get it to work before cutting it off and soldering wires together. two wires will cause the solenoid to not click if one is bad. The other two wires are the ITS, and even if solenoid clicks, the controller won't get a signal, if one wire is bad.

resistor cable could be the cart trying to move without the solenoid activating.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:51 PM   #3
jc90883
Not Yet Wild

Checked the connector as well as the cables in the box itself, all seem to be connected well. Should I have a volt reading on the solenoid? How do I test the controller?
Old 05-28-2017, 01:16 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You said solenoid was clicking, so try and download a troubleshooting guide from the stickies. There are two circuits to make a cart go. One is wires, which make the solenoid click. The only exception is the ITS, which you checked. The final circuit is the high amperage circuit, which powers the motor. Go to the stickies and see which control system you have.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:46 PM   #5
jc90883
Not Yet Wild

Yurtle, thanks for the tip, however not familiar wyth the stickies you are referencing. My cart is a series model
Old 05-28-2017, 02:07 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Go here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/electric-ezgo/

It's the first red posts.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:27 PM   #7
jc90883
Not Yet Wild

Done, I have a non dcs series version. Again nedd to know if I should have voltage on the solenoids posts?
Old 05-28-2017, 03:32 PM   #8
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

if you had a multimeter, the black lead on Battery Main Negative (main 36V negative depending on cart) and positive on battery side of solenoid, you should have battery voltage (if battery main volts is 38, it should be the same). on Controller side you should have 1-5V less.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:18 AM   #9
jc90883
Not Yet Wild

Nick thanks for the info, have the 38v on the battery side pole, however don't have a reading when I switch over to the post on the controller side, the solenoid is new as well as the resistor an diode, all connections are tight and clean with no breaks. Solenoid continues to click but no turn of wheels
Old 05-29-2017, 08:16 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Small terminals of the solenoid should have pack voltage when it clicks. With the negative of your volt meter on pack negative you should have pack voltage on each of the large posts of the solenoid when it clicks. If not, it is bad
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO