lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2017, 07:31 PM   #1
ldj1002
Getting Wild

Default 1998 ez-go runs poorly or not at all

It started running poorly and went downhill from there. I'm helping owner. He thought fuel pump was bad and put a new one on and new plugs. He said it run real slow with no power and finally die. In a while it would start but still rum poorly. I went over and fuel pump is pumping. It is getting good spark but I couldn't get it to even start. I decide to remove carb to clean. I notice in filter housing some fuel is sitting right below carb. I took carb off and apart and it was clean. Put all back together still won't start. I notice when starting there is a very fine mist blowing out the carb. I put hand over carb and it is sucking and can't feel it blow at all. It must blowing a little to see the mist and because of the small amount of fuel sitting in bottom of filter housing.

Any help appreciated.
ldj1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2017, 09:05 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1998 ez-go runs poorly or not at all

Gas blowing out carb is classic sign of tight intake valves set valve lash to .004" cold and she will fire right up
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:44 PM   #3
ldj1002
Getting Wild

Smile Re: 1998 ez-go runs poorly or not at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
Gas blowing out carb is classic sign of tight intake valves set valve lash to .004" cold and she will fire right up
Thank you very much. I had my doubts since it had been running before. I thought for valves out of adjustment it would have run poorley more and more over a long period of time and not happen all at once. However the owner said it had more power than it did so I suppose it had been getting worse until it quit.
Thanks again
ldj1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:55 PM   #4
cartpartsplusman
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1998 ez-go runs poorly or not at all

these motors have soft intake valves.you can adjust them a few times but they keep doing it as they sink into the head. i have seen them sunk in past the seat and still run.good way to tell is look at the two middle adjustment screws on the valves if the are noticeably backed out more you time is near for new intakes. i do a 100 of these a year an very seldom need to replace the exhast valves
cartpartsplusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO