lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2018, 08:06 PM   #1
Ezgoing MP
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 94 Marathon Lift questions

I'm new on this site and this is my first build. I've been reading a lot about how to lift this Marathon. I get how to lift the cart, but why is there only a 4" lift for these carts? Is there any issues that arise if I was to put a 4" Jakes axle drop lift and a homemade 2" block lift? I have seen people talk about raising it to much where it tilts the motor to much. Is this something to be concerned about?
Ezgoing MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2018, 09:48 PM   #2
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 94 Marathon Lift questions

Can't say why the lifts are limited to 4". My buddy has a 94 Marathon with a 4" block lift. It is more than enough lift for 22" tires. If you put the old model front springs on it. the front springs for the early (1979) models are about 1.5" longer and get the front axle/tires away from the front cowl better. Any taller lift than that and you will need a drop axle and maybe more.

You have to keep in mind steering geometry when lifting. The steering on the Marathon is different than my 96 TXT. Not sure how to make a Marathon steer well with more than a 4-5" lift. To lift the rear more you may have to drop the front pivots on the engine cradle to keep the rear geometry right.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:56 PM   #3
Ezgoing MP
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I got the Jakes axle drop and the older springs to push out the axle on its way. I was looking at putting 23's on for tire size that's why I wanted to lift another inch or two but may have to settle for smaller size tire. What I was going to do for the rear suspension is put new springs 16"x25" and new shocks that are also longer. Would this avoid dropping the pivot point?
Old 01-03-2018, 12:22 AM   #4
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Longer springs are the same as stock springs and blocks. I can't speak from experience on what the max lift is on a 94 gas Marathon. My experience with swingarm suspensions comes from dirt bikes when we first began to modify them for longer travel (late '70's). At some point the swingarm is at too great of an angle for some other part to work correctly.

Someone with more experience with Marathons may be able to help with greater details.
Old 01-03-2018, 10:12 AM   #5
Ezgoing MP
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok thank you for all your info. I will be getting to my cart pretty soon. It’s hard to work on anything when the weather is -20 out!
Old 01-03-2018, 10:16 AM   #6
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezgoing MP View Post
Ok thank you for all your info. I will be getting to my cart pretty soon. It’s hard to work on anything when the weather is -20 out!
Ditto. I have a Vegas Carts engine kit in my pole barn waiting for it to get above 20 degrees to install it in my cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO