lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2018, 11:14 PM   #1
nfrees114
Not Yet Wild

Default Parts Swap 81 to 89

Good Evening All,

I have a question and personal opinions to ask.

I was given an 81 Marathon 3 wheeled cart given to me years ago. I started rebuilding it and have the motor and rear end all rebuilt but the rest is still in the aged stage. Then had kids and haven't been able to touch it for a few years. In that time I was also given a 89 Marathon 4 wheeled cart with a blown engine. I am now getting around to getting back out to my shop to try and complete this build. I am planning to rebuild the 89 and scrap the useless parts on the 81 like the frame etc.

What I'm wondering is if I can use the rear end and engine from the 81 (since I already rebuilt it and it runs great ) and put it in my 89? If so do you guys have an opinion on which engine is better power wise and longevity? Also, if I can put that motor into the 89 can I still use the electrical from the 89 or do I need to use all the electrical from the 81? I was going to compare everything side by side but thought I better ask someone who knows for sure.

I just want to get opinions before I start taking parts from both machines to build one machine in case there are parts that are specific to each model.

Thanks in advance!
Nate
nfrees114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO