lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2018, 04:55 PM   #11
Tay-Mule Ridge
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Normally "Closed" Micro Switch?

Looks like I need to source a new micro switch.
Tay-Mule Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2018, 05:02 PM   #12
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Agreed with cart around on the idle... Yes the circuit is energized the entire time so after the motor is running it can feed back to charge battery... As for battery going dead that's generally a VR issue if wiring is correct one way to test VR is put cart in neutral and run it wide open with a meter on the batter post you should be reading in the 15v area if it's still around 12 youre not charging and this will lead to a dead battery if it was me I'd get this part figured out first when the battery is almost dead this might also be why there's no spark and if that's the case this could potentially save you from having to do the hei conversion... Generally when the ignitor fails you will get one spark right away when you first push the peddle and then nothing
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:07 PM   #13
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

A few to choose from here. https://www.golfcartking.com/ezgo-pa...reverse-parts/

There is also a place called vintage golf cart parts. Not a sponsor so can't post a link. More choices with slightly better descriptions.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:16 AM   #14
Tay-Mule Ridge
Not Yet Wild

Great info.

You guys are touching on issues that I was experiencing (I.e. running motor at start, then quickly dying) but at that moment creating confusion as to what the heck was going on.

On the subject of voltage regulators...

It came with the "big gold box". Bought a new one but it is the solid state version. Is that considered a equal swap?
Tay-Mule Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO