lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2019, 04:40 PM   #101
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 big bore kits??

Tore into my supposedly NOS carb and found the emulsion tube either incorrect or cut off? I compared 9 other carbs and none have a tube that short.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg received_2319913824786508.jpeg (189.4 KB, 0 views)
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2019, 06:15 PM   #102
OgreTX
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Mike, check my lengthy carb thread, here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...rburetors.html
In post #4, I show the "mokini" (clean brass) vs. the NOS Mikuni (dull brass). From my experience, the knockoffs all have longer tubes, and the originals are much shorter.

I think it has to do with venturi effect of the smaller knock-off air/fuel mixture chamber.

Ogre
OgreTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:35 PM   #103
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgreTX View Post
Mike, check my lengthy carb thread, here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...rburetors.html
In post #4, I show the "mokini" (clean brass) vs. the NOS Mikuni (dull brass). From my experience, the knockoffs all have longer tubes, and the originals are much shorter.

I think it has to do with venturi effect of the smaller knock-off air/fuel mixture chamber.

Ogre
WOW! didn't expect that. It has to be a J10 thing. I do not have another J10 cab to compare it to, I do however have 2 j17 cabrs and 3 or 4 J24 carb along with a few mokuni's. All 9 of them have the longer tubes

Maybe there was something else with the carb or I just finally got where I needed to be jet wise for it to run correctly. This was the only thing I could find with it so far. either way the cheap mokuni is helping the cart run good. I get it were it needs to be ill swap parts back to the J10 and see if it was a fluke or what.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:37 PM   #104
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Finally got the right air filter for this thing. Runs great! Tops out at 23 mph and taches out at about 4900. 107.5 main jet seems to be what it needed. I couldnt have gotten tuned without the help of a member of the G1 facebook page Devan S. if you read this your help is much appreciated, couldn't have done it without you! Ive got a better grasp on plug chop but still a hard for read for me. Ill try and get a few videos.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha