lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2019, 06:49 AM   #11
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Polling the crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROB View Post
CG, I found your pictures in another thread, all good now, definitely faster than before. It was 40 degrees here today so I didn't feel like taking my gloves off to use the phone for a gps run. Seat of the pants and ears tell me its faster now. Will post results as soon as its warmer (I don't have a top or windshield).

Thanks for the willingness to help!!
How about posting the pics for those of us too lazy to search...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-18-2019, 08:38 AM   #12
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Hey Dave,

The post I linked below has two pictures from cgtech the picture on the first page shows how the spring looks after it is "flipped" and the second page has a picture of the stock configuration.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...or-bypass.html
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:29 AM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

He did mention this would cause issues with the Drive with the team axle so beware. From looking at the pictures I wonder if you could remove the threaded rod and with the cable still connected pull it to the side then flip the spring. Cable too short ?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:39 AM   #14
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
He did mention this would cause issues with the Drive with the team axle so beware. From looking at the pictures I wonder if you could remove the threaded rod and with the cable still connected pull it to the side then flip the spring. Cable too short ?
That is exactly what I did! My cart is lifted and I have a Plowman's muffler, so I was able to do this without removing the rear body panel. It took two hands and laying on the ground, but I got it done without disconnecting the cable. Just back the rod all the way out and set aside then using two hands, flip it to the other side. Once on the other side, I used a flat blade screwdriver to pry on the spring and my other hand to pull the throttle cable out of the way. The longest part of the install was backing the nut off of the rod to remove it!
Old 12-19-2019, 10:43 AM   #15
Maineiac
Getting Wild
Club Car

So I had mentioned earlier that my cart had come with the governor zip tied, but I didn’t really like how it responded to the accelerator pedal, so I went ahead and drilled the bracket yesterday evening. I have to concur with those who endorse that method!
What a big improvement in throttle response! As an added bonus, where I could only get about 25 mph on flat level ground before, I hit 32 mph according to my cell phone speedo app this morning.
Maineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 07:22 AM   #16
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineiac View Post
So I had mentioned earlier that my cart had come with the governor zip tied, but I didn’t really like how it responded to the accelerator pedal, so I went ahead and drilled the bracket yesterday evening. I have to concur with those who endorse that method!
What a big improvement in throttle response! As an added bonus, where I could only get about 25 mph on flat level ground before, I hit 32 mph according to my cell phone speedo app this morning.
That's awesome! I am thinking about letting Don rebuild my engine after New Years. If I decide to go that route, I will probably drill the bracket too unless Don recommends hooking the throttle cable directly to the carb.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:28 AM   #17
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROB View Post
That's awesome! I am thinking about letting Don rebuild my engine after New Years. If I decide to go that route, I will probably drill the bracket too unless Don recommends hooking the throttle cable directly to the carb.

This is doubtful. All of Don's mods keep the stock platform, without any customization. This is what appeals to me...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 01:03 PM   #18
grantspec
Getting Wild

I have my throttle cable running straight to the carb and it’s great. It’s very smooth and I haven’t noticed any jerkiness. I can get 25 or so mph with 23” tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grantspec is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
governor bypass methods
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha