lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2019, 08:47 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: G2 bogging down

Ok let's start with the basics. Did this all happen at once? Or gradually over time? Or did you just buy this and trying to sort it out?

Does pulling the choke help.or hurt? Have you adjusted the valves? Is the spark fat and blue in color?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2019, 08:49 PM   #12
nzdrew
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Happened over time - the last three days. Choke makes no difference. Very fumey now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nzdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 07:14 PM   #13
nzdrew
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Looks like it’s mostly resolved now. Air filter soaked with oil has been replaced and it seems to be running better. Have removed the pipe from the cylinder head directed it to the ground so that the oily smoke from there doesn’t make it dirty again. Got some decisions to make now about whether I have the engine rebuilt or start from scratch.

Old 12-27-2019, 09:21 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

First thing I would do before making any decisions... drain all the oil and refill with exactly 1 quart. No more, no less. And put the breather hose back to the airbox.

If it is lifted then "full" on the dipstick is actually quite overfilled due to the tilt in the engine from the lift. My lifted G9 true "full" mark was about 1/3 of the way up the dipstick.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:16 PM   #15
nzdrew
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Wow! I’ll try that tomorrow...

Old 12-27-2019, 11:28 PM   #16
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

Drain the oil and put just one quart in. Check the dip stick and mark it. Do not over fill past the new mark. Do not trust the full lines on your dip stick. I would get a new stock fuel pump and do away with the electric pump. Stick with CP’s advice and he will see you through this.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 11:34 PM   #17
nzdrew
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The issue with the fuel pump is that we could never get a stock one to work - they reckoned it was likely due to a seeping gasket so couldn’t make enough vacuum to make work. The electric one has worked well and has a flow restrictor to ensure the float valve can work. But if I’m thinking of a re-build we can fix the seeping gasket at the same time...the Plowmans exhaust system looks pretty good too.

Old 01-04-2020, 01:49 PM   #18
nzdrew
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

All done. Replaced oil in gearbox and engine. Measured very precisely! You’re right CP the dipstick only reads about 1/3. Is that a slight risk where the oil isn’t in the right places in the sump to do its job?

Old 01-04-2020, 02:46 PM   #19
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Most of the guys here have run lifted G2/G9 for many many years without issues like that. I wouldnt worry about it
Old 01-04-2020, 03:22 PM   #20
nzdrew
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So. Latest instalment...the drive belt broke a couple of days ago so I replaced it when I did the oil changes and put in the new filter. So far far so good. Now there is a noticeable smell of burning rubber but the cart seems feels likes it’s being held back. The engine sounds fine, and it accelerates well but it feels like something is binding up and not letting it make full speed. Full disclosure I also have a high torque spring (which I understand wears out drive belts faster...). I have an impending sense of doom...

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha