lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2020, 03:56 PM   #1
ddibbern11
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Drive G29 Lift kit recommendations

Does anyone have recommendations on a lift kit for a 2013 gas drive? Photo’s and experiences would be much appreciated.

I’m looking at a 6” A arm kit, I’ve read a ton of reviews & the only really negative review was for the Steeleng design. So that leaves Rhox, Madjax & All Sports (as far as I know Jakes only has a long travel). My experience with Madjax was less than stellar when I installed my rear seat, however they have good reviews and the HD kit looks to be decent.

The cart is only used to go down to the lake or visit neighbors so light turf & some sand, otherwise it’s on the street. My wife would like a soft ride & I would like to maintain a decent turning radius.
Again, any photos would be apricated! TYIA
ddibbern11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2020, 09:51 AM   #2
Stegs
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Drive G29 Lift kit recommendations

i have a g29 like you

Id strongly suggest a 3" lift from jakes

Once you go any higher than 3, the carts tend to get tippy, not handle great, etc

A 3" lift on a g29 will be enough lift to get you 22" tires still, but you keep the better handling and the cart is still very stable

a jakes 3" lift is easy to install, have it done in a few hours at the most, and you can still get your bigger tires/ground clearance

Best of all, its very inexpensive!

Here is a link to what i have!

https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/j...kit-fits-2007/
Stegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 09:04 AM   #3
larry0233
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I went with a 3” lift on my G29. I got the RHOX kit after reading about the turning radius issue with the Jakes kit. Got 22” tires as well and I think it handles pretty well.
larry0233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:57 PM   #4
MoparChas
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry0233 View Post
I went with a 3” lift on my G29. I got the RHOX kit after reading about the turning radius issue with the Jakes kit. Got 22” tires as well and I think it handles pretty well.
what wheels and tires did you go with if you don’t mind me asking and do you have a picture of them
Thanks Charlie
MoparChas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6 inch, a arm, lift kit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha