lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2020, 06:16 PM   #51
Skoal82
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G2 Engine Rebuild about to start

Sorry this is the style I got, I think it is different than what you have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 53C9E41B-3DF0-42A6-ABDC-FC65ADE8D4D5.jpg (80.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2B7ED404-D835-4D76-ADE8-6438D81C3DDD.jpg (69.6 KB, 0 views)
Skoal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2020, 07:04 PM   #52
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoal82 View Post
Sorry this is the style I got, I think it is different than what you have.
Thanks ! As I understand it the G2 came with that style (new) or the split type (old) what I have. I was hoping maybe I could change the retainer (they are different too) and use the new style, since they’re pretty easy to come by, but I think the groove in the stem is likely different too. I’m guessing here at quite a bit! I’m going to keep looking for it. Problem is it’s in a shed with a pea-gravel floor, I’ve gone over it with a big magnet 🧲, but the first dozen passes haven’t produced anything but old screws, nails etc.
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:02 PM   #53
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
Thanks ! As I understand it the G2 came with that style (new) or the split type (old) what I have. I was hoping maybe I could change the retainer (they are different too) and use the new style, since they’re pretty easy to come by, but I think the groove in the stem is likely different too. I’m guessing here at quite a bit! I’m going to keep looking for it. Problem is it’s in a shed with a pea-gravel floor, I’ve gone over it with a big magnet 🧲, but the first dozen passes haven’t produced anything but old screws, nails etc.
Here ya go Jeff,

https://www.partzilla.com/product/ya...G0-12118-00-00
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:14 PM   #54
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Thanks ! Done.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:48 PM   #55
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Those valve keepers can vanish like ghosts good tool to have is a magnetic "sweeper" which is just basically a big magnet on wheels with a broom handle. Cheesy but works well.

This is the best tool on the market for removing the keepers and not losing them. Yes, the generic is usually fine but this is what I've got

https://shop.snapon.com/product/Deep...ocket/MGMMS10A

Worst part is, as soon as you're done, and you pull the cart out, you'll find the missing keeper. Happens every time

Buy a few extra keepers while you make an order. They're cheap and never hurts to have an extra or two
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 11:53 PM   #56
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Those valve keepers can vanish like ghosts good tool to have is a magnetic "sweeper" which is just basically a big magnet on wheels with a broom handle. Cheesy but works well.

This is the best tool on the market for removing the keepers and not losing them. Yes, the generic is usually fine but this is what I've got

https://shop.snapon.com/product/Deep...ocket/MGMMS10A

Worst part is, as soon as you're done, and you pull the cart out, you'll find the missing keeper. Happens every time

Buy a few while you make an order. They're cheap and never hurts to have an extra or two
Thanks - ordered with spares. The big magnet( wheelless model) saw quite a bit of use today - big problem is the pea-gravel floor in the shed! It eats little pieces . . .
Old 04-06-2020, 06:34 AM   #57
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Well, at least you are waiting on other parts to arrive to finish the build. It would really suck if that one piece was keeping you from finishing the job!
Old 04-06-2020, 09:32 AM   #58
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROB View Post
Well, at least you are waiting on other parts to arrive to finish the build. It would really suck if that one piece was keeping you from finishing the job!
no kiddin’ ! I’m resting heavily on that thought -
Old 04-06-2020, 10:45 AM   #59
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

I know what you mean!

When I re-assembled everything, I guess I put a bit too much tension on the starter belt and it broke one of the inner cords and threw the belt off yesterday. My wife had to tow me back to the house, luckily I wasn't too far from home!

Thankfully, when I replace that belt, I kept the old one, its in bad shape, but wasn't broken. I am so glad I kept that thing, otherwise I would have been out of luck until a new one showed up!

Put the old one on and made sure there was plenty of slack, its holding up so far.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha