lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2020, 12:15 AM   #11
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G2 Primary Clutch comes in too early

Thanks for the updates It sounds like your background plays well into gas carts. And just where the he!! are you to find complete G2s for $200 ?
Would I like to find that? Dang skippy!
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2020, 01:42 AM   #12
TKO22
Not Yet Wild

I sent a buddy a pict of the lifted G2 I had recently bought, and he mentioned he had seen the same kind of cart in the cart barn at a tiny 9-hole country golf course. Said it looked like it had been sitting there for years. He contacted the grounds keeper who looked into it. Found the owner who had been paying $150 or so per year to park it there. I mainly wanted it for the top, head, muffler and rear bumper corner covers. I figured $400 Would be my limit. My buddy called me Yesterday and said $200 takes it, but he wanted the hubcaps.

It did take me a few hours in a 120 degree barn to get it rolling as all 4 tires were flat, and the brakes were locked up. The only thing broken is the front bumper cover, but I did that damage when I got it rolling downhill and onto the trailer and didn’t jump on fast enough to hit the brakes before hitting the front trailer rail. Dang it... that cover is ~$40 on eBay... 20% of the cost of the cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11EC637F-B5C7-4041-B88B-9B73FF6F2022.jpg (182.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg F8FA4AEF-836C-44B2-AEA4-8A5D9F7AC71B.jpg (178.3 KB, 0 views)
TKO22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 12:15 PM   #13
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

lucky SOB!! Thats an awesome find for that price, heck the plastic covers on the sides of the seat supports would pay for the cart if you sold those alone!!
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:39 PM   #14
rikrikrik
Not Yet Wild

what kind of rear end (differential) it has on the back? can you send me a picture. I have a hyundai cart that look identical to your yamaha g2 and my rear differential is making noise (broken), would be easier to find a yamaha rear end that fit on my hyundai lol
rikrikrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 06:17 AM   #15
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikrikrik View Post
what kind of rear end (differential) it has on the back? can you send me a picture. I have a hyundai cart that look identical to your yamaha g2 and my rear differential is making noise (broken), would be easier to find a yamaha rear end that fit on my hyundai lol
Hey rikrik, depending on the year, I think they may be the same parts. I think I have read here that some of the Hyundai carts were made by Yamaha. Maybe make another post in the Yamaha gas carts section and title it Hyundai / Yamaha questions and some expert will drop in and clarify.
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha