lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2020, 09:30 AM   #11
Hang10er
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Clutch Slipping?

I have the same issue on my 2016 G-29. Very intermittent although it seems to me to happen more when in reverse. I'll back it out of the garage really slow. Stop to close the garage door and then lightly touch the gas and it will do it. I wait a second, hit the gas and no problem. Again, it doesn't do it each time.
Hang10er is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2020, 09:36 AM   #12
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang10er View Post
I have the same issue on my 2016 G-29. Very intermittent although it seems to me to happen more when in reverse. I'll back it out of the garage really slow. Stop to close the garage door and then lightly touch the gas and it will do it. I wait a second, hit the gas and no problem. Again, it doesn't do it each time.
Same here, it is intermittent. Ours is a 2015 four seater.
DonH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:07 AM   #13
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

This sounds more like your starter belt being loose than a clutch issue...put the cart in neutral and lift seat, when you press gas pedal look at pully on starter and see if its spinning but the belts not moving yet...that usually leads to a loud squealing noise
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 11:11 AM   #14
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
This sounds more like your starter belt being loose than a clutch issue...put the cart in neutral and lift seat, when you press gas pedal look at pully on starter and see if its spinning but the belts not moving yet...that usually leads to a loud squealing noise
I'll check that next. Unfortunately with all this rain I haven't been able to look at it yet. Small garage, no room.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:26 AM   #15
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
I have found the starter belt loose. I have adjusted and tightened. I'll road test it today. Thanks
Old 11-16-2020, 10:30 AM   #16
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Awesome I hope that takes care of it for ya
Old 11-18-2020, 09:52 AM   #17
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Awesome I hope that takes care of it for ya
Actually it did and I am so happy it turned out not to be a clutch problem. I have all you guys to thank for the advice and help. This is a great forum.
Old 11-18-2020, 10:30 AM   #18
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Glad to hear it...Even us every day techs still learn from the other guys on this forum...its a great place for help, advice or just to shoot the breeze at times..
Old 12-14-2020, 10:23 AM   #19
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Glad to hear it...Even us every day techs still learn from the other guys on this forum...its a great place for help, advice or just to shoot the breeze at times..
Since I got that issue fixed I have another Yamaha golf cart with what smells of unburned fuel. My guess would be a dirty carb because I don't believe it's an EFI equipped cart and an EFI wouldn't do that.
Old 12-16-2020, 08:46 PM   #20
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
.... and an EFI wouldn't do that.
Maybe not.. the Yami EFI is a very basic system that has no O2 sensor in the exhaust, so it always runs in "open loop". Basically looking up values in tables in the pcm to decide what to do. Not adjusting based on what's actually coming down the tailpipe.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha