lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2020, 04:00 PM   #1
mikeacg
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Newbie with ID problems

I'm new here but I recently purchased a used Yamaha cart and am having trouble finding the Serial Number on the unit. I tried every place I can think of on the unit to no avail... I thought if I posted a picture someone could point me in the right direction! Thanks for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yamaha1.jpg (118.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Yamaha2.jpg (187.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Yamaha3.jpg (90.3 KB, 0 views)
mikeacg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2020, 06:01 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Newbie with ID problems

Super easy, that's a G2. One of the finest & toughest gas carts to exist.

And, lucky for you, it looks really stock & super clean under the seat. You just got a nice little gem.

Now, please dont go ripping stuff out & throwing it away. Itll run like crap, and those parts sell..

Serial number should be on a riveted aluminum tag on the frame where the seat hinges over there. Just follow that circle down to where the seat hinge area is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200817-040538_Opera.jpg (96.6 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:42 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Wow, look! That rear bumper isn't even dented or banged up! First G2 I've ever seen that clean! How much you want for it?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:25 AM   #4
mikeacg
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

CGTech,

Thanks for your quick reply and information. I found a hole in the frame where I'm guessing the tag was riveted but no tag...
It is a very clean machine and runs great. Needs a new battery though it did take a charge. I'll check the charging system to see if that is the problem. I could throw a solar panel on the roof to keep the battery topped off for now. It has an MT-58 which I believe is a bit smaller than the stock battery. I'll be hunting up service manuals now that I know what I have!
I'm going to keep it stock except for a foam body I will be cutting on the CNC. My daily driver is a 1997 Eureka and I will be modeling this one after a 1957 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham.
It will be removable...

Slonomo - Not for sale at this point! It did seem to be in pretty good shape which made me grab it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 57CaddyFTOut.jpg (174.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Delivery1.jpg (98.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-17-2020, 02:05 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Wow, look! That rear bumper isn't even dented or banged up! First G2 I've ever seen that clean! How much you want for it?
No, no, no... it's missing its gas door, you dont want it. But I'll help the OP out & take it off his hands for $200....
Old 08-17-2020, 02:06 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

So, mikeacg, you haul dead bodies around every day? Sounds like a "killer gig".....

(Sorry, I just had to)
Old 08-17-2020, 06:22 PM   #7
mikeacg
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

CGtech,
Read my profile! I am a full-time artist specializing in "Drop-Dead Graphics"!!!
A job to kill for!
Everybody knows who I am when I come sliding past in the hearse so I thought adding the Cart might be cool to reduce costs of driving every day. Up here you can go just about anywhere in a cart legally! Gotta keep the brand in the public eye!
For the record, the 30 inch stretch on the Eureka means I can put a 12 ft board in the back (as long as I open the window to the driver's compartment)... Unfortunately, whoever designed this fine stationwagon made it 1/2" too narrow to fit a 4x8 sheet of plywood! What were they thinking?
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Graves.jpg (142.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-18-2020, 12:05 AM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

They couldnt make it "the ultimate contractor vehicle", like a "short bus" is? What were they thinking?

I used to run around as a "do-it-all handyman" (anything from a light switch, to a remodel) in a short bus, just bolt a bunch of shelves & bins to the walls.. boom, ultimate work machine. We werent really thinking it through when we painted it white with black accents. I cant remember how many times I heard "hey, nice prison bus"...
Old 08-19-2020, 05:29 PM   #9
mikeacg
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

CGTech,

I actually have a short bus! I picked it up in GA when I was moving from NC to Upper Michigan. Diesel and low mileage but insurance is a bummer up here so I'm keeping it parked until I finish the motorhome conversion (which takes it out of commercial and allows for a seasonal rate).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bus3.jpg (204.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-19-2020, 08:15 PM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

That thing is a Beast! Sweet.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha