lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2021, 03:23 AM   #1
M2736185
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha gas motor parts

Anyone recommend a good place for Yamaha parts? I pulled my valve cover and the gasket is broken in two placed. Hoping I can replace it. Do you guys replace gasket or use gasket maker?
M2736185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2021, 04:01 AM   #2
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha gas motor parts

Need more info.
Jammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 04:01 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

https://www.plowmanscarts.com/ call don. They’re the best and he knows more about Yamaha carts than just about anyone in the country. They sell oem parts.

I’d use a real gasket instead of gasket maker. You periodically need to remove the valve cover to adjust the valves and if you used gasket maker that would be a real pain every time. I’d just get a gasket and you should be able to reuse it for a very long time to come.

Edit: you could use gasket maker until the gasket arrives so you can use the cart. But I’d use a real gasket and be careful when you clear the gasket maker off once it does arrive not to get any into the motor.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 04:02 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
How exactly can you recommend a specific gasket not knowing what year or model cart?
Old 02-26-2021, 04:13 AM   #5
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
How exactly can you recommend a specific gasket not knowing what year or model cart?
Ya know , I messed that answer up. LOL. I had G2 on the brain and was just searching for G2 parts when I read this. I will delete comment.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:14 AM   #6
M2736185
Not Yet Wild

its a 2019 Yamaha Drive 2 EFI
M2736185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 04:18 AM   #7
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2736185 View Post
its a 2019 Yamaha Drive 2 EFI
Surprised it’s bad already. Where did you get the cart from? Maybe worth calling them.

If they want you to bring it in or whatever, I think I’d just get one from plowmans. Not worth all the effort of hauling it in fir warranty for a $15 gasket.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:21 AM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Ya know , I messed that answer up. LOL. I had G2 on the brain and was just searching for G2 parts when I read this. I will delete comment.
I’ve had several G2/G9’s myself. That’s usually my first thought also but then the logical side of my brain kicks in and keeps me in check. And when it doesn’t kick in, I usually end up buying something I later regret
Old 02-26-2021, 01:19 PM   #9
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I’ve had several G2/G9’s myself. That’s usually my first thought also but then the logical side of my brain kicks in and keeps me in check. And when it doesn’t kick in, I usually end up buying something I later regret
yuppers!

I have only owned one cart, a G2, and it has never been right since I bought it.

Right now I am looking to repair/replace the input shaft. Hoping to find one local at a shop. If not I need to spend big $$ I don't have or put the cart back together and unload it!
Old 02-26-2021, 01:27 PM   #10
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
yuppers!

I have only owned one cart, a G2, and it has never been right since I bought it.

Right now I am looking to repair/replace the input shaft. Hoping to find one local at a shop. If not I need to spend big $$ I don't have or put the cart back together and unload it!
Contact this guy. Good dude I’ve gotten stuff from him before :)
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=167130
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha