lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2021, 10:44 AM   #21
awilliam77
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Installed new clutch, engine shakes upon acceleration and slower to take off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
I had the same issue on my G2. The inside of my sliding sheave was so worn out, the bimetalic bushing was almost completely worn thru and both grease seals were trashed.
My input shaft had 0.030 wear and needed replacing. I am in the middle of this repair right now. All parts from Plowman's.
I didn't see on his site where there were other parts related to this in the g-2 or g16 area. Do you have a link for the input shaft? My secondary clutch puller just came in today, so in a few hours i'll be taking it all apart.
awilliam77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2021, 12:41 PM   #22
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Installed new clutch, engine shakes upon acceleration and slower to take off.

This is the yamaha factory part number for input shaft kit.
Jammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:57 PM   #23
awilliam77
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Always physically investigate the problem before ordering parts. I've caught quite a few "major" problems before they happened by doing this. If you need help with a physical inspection we can help you if you post photos or a video. But, there's nothing like putting your hands on it.

I would take the secondary off before you do anything else. Post some pics up on this thread. Those secondary clutches usually wear out after lots of hours, so hopefully that's the issue. In that case I would install a new inner, outer, and spring from Plowman's Carts (see site sponsors page). Once they wear out the inside mounting surface the keyway falls out and the clutch won't have any tension, the outer sheave just floats there on the shaft.

Sometimes there is considerable input shaft wear and those need to be replaced. Hopefully that's not the case.
Well, i got the outer sheave off and it looks like bushing that was half eaten away fell out. Also, i'm trying to figure out how to get this stuck woodruff key out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 163601654_288128466003777_2549476469936037750_n.jpg (116.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-24-2021, 05:27 PM   #24
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

So woodruff keyways are cut using a round cutter, therefore I have always had luck using a small punch and tapping the front in an upward motion. I have even used a hacksaw to put a small slot to insert a screwdriver and pry it up. Good luck.
Old 03-24-2021, 05:33 PM   #25
awilliam77
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
So woodruff keyways are cut using a round cutter, therefore I have always had luck using a small punch and tapping the front in an upward motion. I have even used a hacksaw to put a small slot to insert a screwdriver and pry it up. Good luck.
Thanks. I got the woodruff key out finally using a punch just like you said. Couple things, do see the movement in the crankshaft (i think that's what it's called. here's the video). Is that normal? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYk0rQOI9Rc

Here's also the pics of everything. Looks like I need new sheaves, a near bushing, and a new coupler. Would you agree?
Old 03-24-2021, 08:27 PM   #26
awilliam77
Not Yet Wild

Based on some further research it looks like i'll need to replace the input shaft. Jesus this has turned into a project.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:41 PM   #27
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilliam77 View Post
Here's also the pics of everything. Looks like I need new sheaves, a near bushing, and a new coupler. Would you agree?
PM sent!
Old 03-24-2021, 09:03 PM   #28
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilliam77 View Post
Based on some further research it looks like i'll need to replace the input shaft. Jesus this has turned into a project.
The input shaft bearing and seal needs to be replaced.

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=83774
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 11:18 PM   #29
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
This is the Yamaha factory part number for input shaft kit.
For a G2 cart!!!!! I don't know if it will fit your cart.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:42 AM   #30
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
This is the yamaha factory part number for input shaft kit.
This is for G2/G9. The G16 will be a different part. Make sure you look up a parts diagram for the correct cart. I would recommend "calling" Don Plowman at Plowman's Carts. He doesn't have everything on his website. He'll be able to help you get the correct part. Be sure to have your cart serial number so he can verify what you have.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch, g16a
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha