lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
groove_e1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Upgrade to Curtis 400 amp 1205-117 troubleshoot

Hello...I saw this same question posted a while back, but want to ask again to see if anyone has some good advice...
I have a 93 36v marathon with a stock 275amp controller. I purchased a 400 amp controller that I installed and this is what happened.
I would need to push the pedal half way down to get the cart to move forward, but when I pushed the pedal beyond 3/4 of the way, the cart stops forward momentum until I back off to 1/2 pedal?
Reverse works fine...
Both controllers are curtis
I did notice on the new on there is one more small push on connector on the opposite side from the other 3 push on connectors.
The new 400 amp # is 1205-117
I saw that the last post discussing this said check the pot...but everything worked fine when I had the original 275 amp controller.
groove_e1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
groove_e1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrade to Curtis 400 amp 1205-117 troubleshoot

Here's the conclusion to the story....
I actually gave in, and took my stock controller to Alamo Golf Carts. They sent it out to get rebuilt as a 400 amp controller...that will fit in my golf cart exactly. Cost me about $200. I could immediately tell a difference...especially up those hills. Overall happy with what I got back.
Sold the 1205-117 on ebay.
groove_e1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:27 AM   #3
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrade to Curtis 400 amp 1205-117 troubleshoot

Thanks for closing the thread and glad that everything worked out.
Paxdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO