lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
Huntinhauler
Not Yet Wild

Default need brake help

i recently bought a txt to fix up, but the brakes kinda stick. the pedal basically goes from resting position, to locking up. the pedal doesn't have a smooth travel, its kinda stiff and onece the pedal is pressed, it stays pressed down until i manually pull it back up. just by looking at it, it seems like the pedal spring is pretty rusted. could this be the cause of the pedal not returning back up to resting position?
the pads seem to be in pretty good condition so i don't think its in the drum.
Huntinhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2010, 08:20 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: need brake help

Likely you need new cables. That's typical. They come in pairs too.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:55 AM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Another thing i regularly do with E-Z-GO carts is to slightly loosen the pivot bolt for the brake pedal and liberally spray it with PB Blaster (or WD-40) and then "work" the head of the pivot bolt back and forth to allow free travel.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
Huntinhauler
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the advice guys. i got under it earlier and pulled the pivot bolt out(after some persuasion with a hammer). the bolt had lots of rust and dirt built up on it so i hit it with a wire brush and cleaned it up real good with a grinding wheel. i also cleaned the sleeve that the bolt slides through real good. then applied some grease to the bolt and put it back together. i actually put some washers on too because it seems that as soon as it gets tight, it wants to make the pedal tight to push.
all is good now and it is very smooth to press the pedal and it comes right back to resting position as soon as i let off. another step complete to my project cart.
Huntinhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #5
rjriley1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I would also advise to take the rear wheels and drums off. Stray everything down with brake clean and get all the dust and gew out. Spray all moving parts with a good penetrating oil making sure not to get it on the brake pads or drums braking surface. Mine stuck when I first got my cart and would lock up. But your problem sounds more like the guys above probably have you covered.
rjriley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO