lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
Garrett1418@me.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Charger Won't Work

I have a 98 Club Car DS with a Power Drive II charger. Everything worked fine three days ago, but now when I plug the charger in nothing happens. I have checked to make sure there is power to the outlet and that the terminals on both the charger plug, and the cart receptacle, are clean. What next? Charger or OBC? Help!!
Garrett1418@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2010, 04:55 AM   #2
Gorhad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charger Won't Work

Try this troubleshooting guide and let us know
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Troubleshooting.pdf (31.1 KB, 27 views)
Gorhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

try your charger on another cart if it works than we know its the cart and not charger.......as for the OBC its possible but to early to tell yet..........get voltage readings from each battery and than the pack and than load test batteries post your #,s............................................... .
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:40 AM   #4
Garrett1418@me.com
Not Yet Wild

I got frustrated because everyone else in my "hood" has an EZGO, therefor I couldn't try the charger on another cart. I broke down and took it to the repair shop. They said the relay was broke and replaced it for $70. Thanks for manual Gorhad I kept the full version from one of your earlier posts.
Garrett1418@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:59 AM   #5
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

I guess I got here a tad too late. With the help of this forum, I also found my issues were due to a bad relay. However, I didn't have access to another cart or charger to try swapping things around with. Fortunately, though, I was able to order the OEM part I needed plus a couple of other spare parts (circuit breaker, diode) for half of what they charged you for a new relay.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car