lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #11
jallen28145
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help with lifted PDS, I have questions!

I thought about 2 ga. and will probably do that, not much more cost. Can someone verify that my cart (pds) has 4 ga. going to the motor factory?

Thanks again.
jallen28145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2010, 04:20 AM   #12
ohwhofarted
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

take one off and take it with you.
ohwhofarted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:54 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

PDS carts came with 4g cables from the controller to the motor A1 and A2. You will need to up size the other cables from the controller to the battery pack and the controller to the solenoid.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:43 AM   #14
jallen28145
Not Yet Wild

Someone please verify that it is either 2g or 4g wire that I need and not 2/0 or 4/0, correct? It appears that 2/0 or 4/0 is much larger.

Thanks
jallen28145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:08 PM   #15
seth.bakers
Not Yet Wild

Yes 2g or 4g not alt gauges
seth.bakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:18 PM   #16
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Jallen, yes your PDS has factory 4 gauge cables going to the motor. The thing is they are old, corroded and worn out by now. When you get all the other cables replaced why leave the 2 crappy ones on there? And don't do 2 gauge everywhere and leave 4g going to the motor. That will create an unwanted bottle neck effect.

Get with Scottyb and have him set you up a package deal consisting of the following:

Alltrax DCX400amp Controller
Complete 2gauge cable kit(COMPLETE)
HD solenoid, resistor and diode
One of his in-dash volt meter with PDS key plate

That's your best starting point. Then if you want you can give Robby at plum quick a call, send him your motor and $250 and he will wave his magic wand over it and you will be screaming in no time!

If you want a lot more information and pictures refer to my build thread in my sig. A lot of good information in there.

Colton
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Jallen.. I am running the DCX400 in mine at 36vt with 4ga on the bats, 2ga going to the PQ Bandit, 200a sol on 22" tires and she will top out at 32mph. Not sure how but I checked it on two different gps's in opposite directions. When my bats get to the "point" I will probably go to 48 but not sure. New charger, new sol, new bat meter, yada yada.. As you have not bought your pieces yet, this is the time for you..
I call BS! no 36v cart is doing 30+ mph on a bandit and 400amp control unless you are rolling down a mountain. Hi speed gears? I still doubt it. Scottyb
Old 10-30-2011, 08:18 PM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Like I said, no one has believed me but I guess I need to break out the gps's again. Made 4 runs with two different gps units, same stretch of road in both directions to make sure there wasn't an incline. Did this over a year ago and the batteries are older but I will give it a shot. I am still sure no one will believe me if it gets there. I will still know that it did no matter what anyone thinks.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

save the effort I'm still not going to believe you because there is no one else besides you who is getting anywhere near that speed with the set up you listed, period. So your system is not what you think it is....... or your GPS is screwed up?
Old 10-30-2011, 08:33 PM   #20
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
save the effort I'm still not going to believe you because there is no one else besides you who is getting anywhere near that speed with the set up you listed, period. So your system is not what you think it is....... or your GPS is screwed up?
Two, GPS units, both showed over 30 within a few tenths , DCX400, I put in, PQ Bandit, I put in, 4 gauge high amperage wires with 2 gauge from the controller to the PQ, I put in, 6, 6 volt Trojans, 36 volts, I installed, Sahara 22" tires, I installed. Only thing I do not know is the rear axle ratio.

Nope, I have no idea what I am doing but your right, I will not waste my time trying to prove it to anyone.

And Jallen, sorry this thread got turned into this.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO