lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
justlookingthanks
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent re-gen question

I have a 2007 Precedent. With the regen set at 1 using the Club Car interface, the regen kick in is harsh at almost any speed. I set it to 2 and it was way too much of a neck jerker. I can turn it off but have been warned that I could damage the motor. I have several long hills and am not concerned about going fast (speed set to 4) downhill, but removing my foot from the throttle to brake is a neck-snapper. Can I go down a 1.4 mile hill keeping it around 15 mph without damaging my motor? Help!
justlookingthanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Precedent re-gen question

Yes, you can. You will only damage your motor at higher rpm's, going speeds that you normally run anyway will not cause any problems.
cwayaustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

JUSTLOOKINGTHANKS--I think you are using wrong terminalogy as Precedents are IQ systems rather than a regen which was replaced in 2001? You must be talking about the solid state controller as it has steps from 1 to 4, that uses the motor rpm sensor for control as pedal is let up?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:08 PM   #4
justlookingthanks
Not Yet Wild

Sorry, perhaps I am using the wrong terminology. I was under the impression that it had regen. The 1-4 speed setting (I think it is 1-3 with dealer option to raise to 4 with code) is set at 4. The peddle up mode (what I thought was regen) can only be 1, 2 or off. I think this is the setting I am asking about. I don't find any other settings relating to speed other than under "Program": Speed Cal (set at 0 on a 0-10 scale) under Monitor: 20+ Speed (set at off) Speed pulse (set off), High Speed WAWAY (set at 0). Am I missing something?

I would love to get a printout on the model #1311-4404 listing what the functions are, and what they mean.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:00 AM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Maybe Tahoe Dawg when he finds time ( very busy man as shop foreman at work and family ) can help you out on your Precedent as he works with them all the time?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

You're correct. The Pedal-Up mode is referring to the "Regen" function of the controller. Old Mec, you're correct about the Regen cars being replaced with IQ cars after 2001.. However when ya actually go back and think about it. Those cars weren't truly called "Regen" cars either. They're PowerDrive Plus cars. "Regen" is a name given to the function of motor braking. It was originally designed to regenerate battery power while engaged, but the regenerative features were removed in 2000, although the name still remains. So yes technically, the IQ car still "Regens" And don't worry about damaging your motor. You won't hurt a thing by turning the pedal up mode to 0. I do it all the time and haven't damaged one yet. It'll still limit your downhill speed to 19.6 mph just like always. It simply won't "regen" when you release the pedal.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #7
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

You are correct as always Tahoe Dawg I use "my own made up applied term braking" with pedal up on any non regenerating cart? I have not seen the regen term used in any literature I have seen since 2000-2001 carts? Lack of access to literature on more modern carts.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
You are correct as always Tahoe Dawg I use "my own made up applied term braking" with pedal up on any non regenerating cart? I have not seen the regen term used in any literature I have seen since 2000-2001 carts? Lack of access to literature on more modern carts.
You won't see it in any literature. It's more or less just a verbal thing still commonly used.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #9
justlookingthanks
Not Yet Wild

Thanks to both of you. I bought a new DS in 95 and that was a big (silly) selling point. I drove it mostly on gravel roads and it sometimes caused me to skid on loose turns. Because the dealer referred to it as "regen" and it behaved much the same, I jumped to that conclusion.
I'll set it to 0 today, I was only worried about that hill. I used a GPS to check speed, and, with the speed set on 4, it doesn't allow over 19.6. If I understand you it still won't even with the pedal up, so the motor should be safe even going downhill. I'm just courious, what does this interfaces (1311-1404) cost, I'm borrowing this one.
Thanks so much to both of you
Old 10-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The programmer is available from dealers only I believe, and it's well over 600 dollars.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car