lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #11
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Water Damage. Need Help

DCX400 will be your best bet from what you have now. Have a read through this thread as well. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ontroller.html
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #12
Kent22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
DCX400 will be your best bet from what you have now. Have a read through this thread as well. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ontroller.html
So would I have to upgrade my motor for an upgraded controller? or just turn it down? I use my cart on and off road. I'd like to have enough torque to climb the hills but I am on a limited budget. Also I would like to keep my motor from frying if that is possible. Haha
Kent22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:54 AM   #13
Kent22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Notice the water underneath the controller.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #14
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

With the DCX400 you should have to do nothing. It will run your stock motor just fine. You'll have more torque and bit more speed.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #15
Kent22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
With the DCX400 you should have to do nothing. It will run your stock motor just fine. You'll have more torque and bit more speed.
You've been a HUGE help. Thank you so much
Old 11-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #16
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent22 View Post
You've been a HUGE help. Thank you so much
I do need to clarify myself a bit, when I say do nothing, I was referring to swapping the motor. When you swap to a 400amp controller, you do need to get a different solenoid (200 amp continuous) and it is HIGHLY recommended you swap all your 6 ga power cables to 4ga welding cable. You can make your own cables fairly easily. This includes all cables from the motor to the controller and the controller to the batteries and the battery wires them self.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #17
Kent22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

[QUOTE=cheapjeep2;482589]I do need to clarify myself a bit, when I say do nothing, I was referring to swapping the motor. When you swap to a 400amp controller, you do need to get a different solenoid (200 amp continuous) and it is HIGHLY recommended you swap all your 6 ga power cables to 4ga welding cable. You can make your own cables fairly easily. This includes all cables from the motor to the controller and the controller to the batteries and the battery wires them self.[/QUOTE

I planned on changing all wire to atleast 4ga. And i figured I'd need a higher wattage soleniod. Thank you for making it more clear though. Should I upgrade the fuse also or will it be ok?
Old 11-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #18
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

[quote=Kent22;482616]
Quote:
I do need to clarify myself a bit, when I say do nothing, I was referring to swapping the motor. When you swap to a 400amp controller, you do need to get a different solenoid (200 amp continuous) and it is HIGHLY recommended you swap all your 6 ga power cables to 4ga welding cable. You can make your own cables fairly easily. This includes all cables from the motor to the controller and the controller to the batteries and the battery wires them self.[/QUOTE

I planned on changing all wire to atleast 4ga. And i figured I'd need a higher wattage soleniod. Thank you for making it more clear though. Should I upgrade the fuse also or will it be ok?
Which fuse are you referring too? The Alltrax will come with a fuse to use and for the power cables, when you order the Alltrax you'll want a DCX400IQ so it comes with the right adapter.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:10 AM   #19
Kent22
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

[quote=cheapjeep2;482618]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent22 View Post

Which fuse are you referring too? The Alltrax will come with a fuse to use and for the power cables, when you order the Alltrax you'll want a DCX400IQ so it comes with the right adapter.
I think it's just a little 20 amp buss fuse. Inside of a black rubber housing.

Tags
electric, electric club car, motor, precedent, water
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car