lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2010, 05:38 AM   #1
Dave H
Not Yet Wild

Angry Now I went and done it!!

Details in cliff note form:36V 82 club car, batteries test well and maintained 3 yrs old..was running slow..prev. owner said solenoid bad (master solenoid), changed it out with new..no change in speed..started testing solenoids and thought I found bad one..changed it out with the old one I pulled out 1st time..now it doesn't run at all..all solenoids click but that doesn't mean they"re good from what I've been reading..2 things I changed when I put the old one back in..added an extra nut under the bus bar (there was only one on top of bus bar holding in down..not sure what type of metal they were, and I put battery terminal protector on all the contacts....
Also, where are the speed limit switches that are on the wiring diagram...
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.. love the sitehttp://www.buggiesgonewild.com/images/icons/icon8.gif
Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
storageman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Now I went and done it!!

Dave, I don't have your type car...But there is a great wiring diagram here somewhere that shows multiple solenoid setup. May have been ScottyB who posted. Also I think I read there that there is a silver box that has microswitches and a slide in it for each solenoid and they act as your on and off
for each solenoid which in turn increase and decrease power.
JB
storageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

DAVE H sounds like you have either replaced the wrong solenoid or you have bad connection or broken resistor coil?
Look under STICKIES for "Electric Club Car Wiring Diagrams" and the go down to 81-85 Electric Club Car Wiring and also the next one down is close up of resistors and solenoids. This should help you with your problem. The first solenoid on drivers side is main that feeds rest of speed solenoids from there to passenger side unit. Remember that just because a solenoid clicks does not mean its making internal connection?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #4
Dave H
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the response.. I have studies all the diagrams in detail ..the resistor coil is a possiblity as I had bent the 2nd one trying to get a rusted nut off..the 2nd solenoid from the master is the one I replaced and didn't think there was a difference in solenoids..other than the voltage obviously and the model but assumed you can interchange the solenoids.. I''ll take a look at the resistor coil..but shouldn't the cart move with the master and the 1st solenoid intact yet?
Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car