lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2008, 07:03 PM   #1
ggreen
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ GO Electric that won't charge or move

Due to some health issues I have not usedmy EZ GO cart in approximately 20 months. Subsequently my charger will not activate on my EZ Go Electric. Based on advice from some kinds folks I have individually charged each of the batteries and they are holding a charge. The charger still will not activate. In addition the cart will not move either in forward or reverse when I engage the drive lever. It will roll when pushed but not on its electric motor. It does reflect a full charge when I engage the drive lever. Hopefully someone can assist...
Thanks in advance
ggreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: EZ GO Electric that won't charge or move

G,

Glad you're health has improved. We need some info on your cart. Year, type of system, age of batteries, voltage readings of each battery, voltage reading at cart charge receptacle. Also, when you try and run the cart can you hear the solenoid click? Does the reverse alarm sound?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:15 AM   #3
ggreen
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply... cart is '94 w six - 6 volt batteries that are 4 1/2 years old but have not been used much at all... I do not hear the solenoid click but the reverse alarm does sound...not sure of voltage readings but will attempt to get.. other note.. the lights do not come on nor does the horn sound even though the charge guage reflects full charge Thanks again
Old 04-08-2008, 09:56 AM   #4
ggreen
Not Yet Wild

Just checked the batteries and just since Sunday they have gone down to a weak reading on the charger.... in other words they do not appear to be holding the charge... is it safe to assume batteries are gone
Old 04-08-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
MotoRider420
Gone Wild

Cool Re: EZ GO Electric that won't charge or move

Yeah, there is no doubt that they are dead, letting batteries sit for that long ruins them, if they are not maintained all the time they will die, golf carts are used every day on golf cart courses and thats what the batteries are designed for... Its too bad man, those batteries are expensive, good luck finding new ones!!!
MotoRider420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #6
lemked
Not Yet Wild

I picked up a 36v 95 ezgo metalist, and the thing wouldnt move either. That was back in Dec of 07'. The charger wouldnt kick on either. I toped off the batteries with tap water. Bypassed the activation relay for the charger to kick on when pluged into the wall. Let it charge the batteries for about 6hours with close eye on them. To watch for swelling. It would stink but it went away. After the 6 hours i took the bypass out of the charger and plug it in. The charger kicked on and then i let it charge until it kicked off. Then topped the batteries off the next day.

Everything has been good so far!
lemked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #7
ggreen
Not Yet Wild

Given that I am not a battery expert... I have a question.... there seems to be some swelling on the batteries... especially around the positive post... Is this another symptom of batteries gone bad?
Old 04-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #8
lemked
Not Yet Wild

Swelling is a bad thing.. Definately suggest to get new batteries.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:38 PM   #9
lemked
Not Yet Wild

Ebay is a good place in finding cheep batteries. Or going to your local golf cart shop and get some there. Thats where it can get reall expensive.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #10
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Heavily sulfated batteries can explode during charging OR discharging. If the batts are suspect, they are dangerous.
Golf cart batteries can be purchased through Sam's Club, NAPA, local retailers, etc. Do not expect anyone to ship wet batteries. It just isn't done anymore. I'm sure someone will report that they got them shipped, but that would be rare, as well as expensive.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO