lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #11
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need a little help with Alltrax controller

I called a friend of mine and he is bring his lap top over this evening. Maybe I can find what's wrong. I checked the 2 prongs you are talking about and there was every little slop.
gcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #12
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcs13 View Post
I called a friend of mine and he is bring his lap top over this evening. Maybe I can find what's wrong. I checked the 2 prongs you are talking about and there was every little slop.
That's good but only the computer will tell you if the controller is seeing full throttle. On several that I have worked on with very little slop they've only hit about 80% throttle.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #13
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well today is just not a good day. I couldn't get the lap top to link to the controller. I tried everything I could and every time it said "cannot locate motor controller". I'm about to pull my hair out. I believe I'm not getting about 20% throttle. I just don't understand how the throttle worked fine with the factory curtis controller and then I put the Alltrax controller in and I'm only getting around 20% or 30% of throttle at the most. I guess I'll give Alltrax a call and see what they say. Thanks for all the help, Greg
Old 01-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The controller green light must be on before you open the program...... get a jumper wire with pack voltage positive to terminal #1 on the controller and try again.... alligator clips ad 16g wire work well for this....I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #15
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

I did have a sold green when I went to open the program. But the computer doesn't recognize the controller. I had the same problem on the bench and I found where a guy on here (BGW) had the same problem I'm having. He figured out that he had to plug the cable into the controller 1st. and then power up the controller. Then he plugged the usb cable into the computer, and then started the program. Thats the only way I could get it to work for me on the bench, but I can't get it to work any which way now that it is installed. Do you still think I need a jumper wire even though I have a sold green light? Thanks for the info., Greg
Old 01-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #16
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I did have a sold green when I went to open the program. But the computer doesn't recognize the controller. I had the same problem on the bench and I found where a guy on here (BGW) had the same problem I'm having. He figured out that he had to plug the cable into the controller 1st. and then power up the controller. Then he plugged the usb cable into the computer, and then started the program. Thats the only way I could get it to work for me on the bench, but I can't get it to work any which way now that it is installed. Do you still think I need a jumper wire even though I have a sold green light? Thanks for the info., Greg
Sounds like you're doing it right, controller on (green solid light), cable plugged into controller, and into PC, then start the software.

Question, what version of Windows is the PC running and has the drivers for the usb to serial cable been installed on the PC?
Old 01-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #17
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
The black box is the MCOR (motor controller unit) i.e. the throttle box. I never mentioned anything about a cable. There are two prongs on the shaft that go to the MCOR. One prong goes in front of the pedal, and the other behind. If you look down the back of the pedal you can see the top prong, if there is no slop it should be very tight against the pedal, if there is slop the pedal will move a bit before engaging the prong to move the shaft.

This wear is caused by the prongs spreading as well the entire assembly below that allows the entire assembly to rotate. It has brass bushings which wear out.

If the wear isn't too bad, you can temporarily take out the slack with a zip tie or something around the top prong between the pedal.
Thanks cheapjeep2, I was able to slide a zip tie between the prong and pedal. It made some difference but I still don't think I'm getting 100% of throttle. If I can ever get lap top computer to link with the controller I will know for sure. I even reset the carts OBC to see if that would help, but it didn't change anything. Thanks again, Greg
Old 01-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #18
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

See my question right above you last post...
Old 01-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #19
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
Sounds like you're doing it right, controller on (green solid light), cable plugged into controller, and into PC, then start the software.

Question, what version of Windows is the PC running and has the drivers for the usb to serial cable been installed on the PC?
I thought it was XP. My buddy has done left and went home. So I called and ask to make sure which windows his computer had and he said 7. That might be my problem for not linking together. Thanks again, Greg
Old 01-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #20
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I thought it was XP. My buddy has done left and went home. So I called and ask to make sure which windows his computer had and he said 7. That might be my problem for not linking together. Thanks again, Greg
That's the problem the Controller Software is NOT compatible with Windows 7 and must be ran on Windows XP. Once we can get the setting of the controller we can see what is going on.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car