lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #21
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need a little help with Alltrax controller

Thanks cheapjeep2, you have been a great help. Now I've got to find someone with a windows xp lap top or go buy a extra long usb cable and try to get my cart close enough to my home computer. Thanks again for all your help, Greg
gcs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #22
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcs13 View Post
Thanks cheapjeep2, you have been a great help. Now I've got to find someone with a windows xp lap top or go buy a extra long usb cable and try to get my cart close enough to my home computer. Thanks again for all your help, Greg
gcs13, your buddies machine with 7 might work with the correct drivers. Most usb to serial adapters use a chip made by prolific. I got mine to work with Vista after some searching. Here is the driver name you need vista-prolific-chip-driver-for-serial-adapters.zip Worth a shot.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:11 AM   #23
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks kgsc for the info. I got another buddy that his lap top has the windows xp. Maybe I can get time this week to hook it up and see what's going on. Thanks again, Greg
Old 01-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #24
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok, I finally got a lap top that works. I hooked it up and here is what I come up with.
Max current 100%
Under voltage 24.0 volts
over voltage 60.0 volts
throttle up 10
throttle down 3
brake current 0
top speed 100%
Throttle sensor type Club Car 5k-0
Throttle response Linear
Throttle Position 87%
battery voltage 50.8

The best I can tell is I'm not getting full throttle. The reading of 87% is after I shimmed the slop out of the linkage. What do I need to do to get full throttle?
Old 01-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #25
wizzardcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

that plug is for curtis programmer interface it is not used
wizzardcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #26
wizzardcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

set throttel up&down at 5 both at five that is best setting brake set at 35% good to go !
wizzardcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:28 PM   #27
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzardcarts View Post
set throttel up&down at 5 both at five that is best setting brake set at 35% good to go !
Agree with Wizzard Carts, setup throttle up and down to 5 and brake current 35-45%, but it's clear you are NOT getting full throttle, with the pedal fully depressed you should see 100%, so you have some work to do in that area.

You can try and remove the slop out as much as possible, but you may need to replace your MCOR unit.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #28
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzardcarts View Post
Ok, I went and reset the controller like you suggested. Now I'm getting 93% of throttle. What else can I do to get full 100% throttle? All the readings I've been getting is while the cart is on jack stands. Will my throttle response change when not on jack stands? Thanks for all the help, Greg
Old 01-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #29
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcs13 View Post
Ok, I went and reset the controller like you suggested. Now I'm getting 93% of throttle. What else can I do to get full 100% throttle? All the readings I've been getting is while the cart is on jack stands. Will my throttle response change when not on jack stands? Thanks for all the help, Greg
No it won't.. Two things... One when you start the monitoring software make the monitoring interval is set to continuous. Then start the monitor and floor the throttle making sure you can see it as increased. You don't have to hold it, just all the way down and back up, make note of the highest percentage, if your not getting 100% then you need to do some checking out side of the controller like linkage, setup etc.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:04 PM   #30
gcs13
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok, looks like I got some work to do. I think the monitor was set on for every 1 sec. I was watching the monitor when I floored the throttle and 93% is the highest I could get out of it. I'm glad to find out that its not the controller. I'm going to take the throttle linkage apart and try to take the slop out. If that doesn't fix it, I guess the only thing left is to replace the MCOR. Thanks everybody for all the great advise, Greg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car