lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Question Video Demo of a Battery Desulfator

In doing some research on battery desulfators this evening I can across this. Being relative new to the idea of using a desulfator it demos one in action on 6v batteries.

For a long time I "assumed" they were just snake oil because they made no sense to me. As scottyb points out batteries that set in a state of discharge is the main cause of this problem. Cart batteries that last 8-10 years with just the use of the cart battery charger raises questions in my mind too.

Has anyone on this forum ever started out with a new set set of batteries and in time had to replace them? If so how many years did they last? Did they die due to old age, charging mistakes or other reasons?

Do you use a desulfator for your cart or other batteries you own?

Have you tried a desulfator and ditched it due to no positive results?

Thanks
Gale Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2011, 12:22 AM   #2
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Video Demo of a Battery Desulfator

This horse has been beaten many, many times. Try the search bar.

ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:13 AM   #3
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks. That was interesting that Exide uses the technology themselves for batteries stored too long.

I am not a fan of the chemical stripping of the sulfation but to put it back into the electrolyte makes sense with the pulse technology.

The one posting where a guy did before and after electronic desulfating graphs was impressive in that it showed the pulse technology real works.

It seems like cart jocks are a little on the slow side in using this technology were the solar folks pioneered a lot of the pulse technology. Another thing is some carts are so hard on batteries that sulfating is not going to be the death of the batteries any way. :)

It really works best from the research I am finding to do use the electronic desulfator technology from new all of the time or at least once every 6-12 months. Most on the forums seem to wait until their batteries are failing before fulltime or any desulfators are consider.

It is a little like the guy who checks his oil went the 'red' light comes on. :)

These digital desulfators are to be used when the battery run time is still performing great it seems just like the oil needs to be changed in an engine when it is still performing great and not only after it goes to knocking.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:47 AM   #4
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Take care of your batteries, charge them properly, use them properly, etc. Then you won't have to do hours of research on whether this technology works or not.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:59 AM   #5
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezgokid View Post
Take care of your batteries, charge them properly, use them properly, etc. Then you won't have to do hours of research on whether this technology works or not.
Bet you do not have 21 DEEP CYCLE batteries do you?

At this hour I am getting a test bed set up to test the BatteryMINDer Model 36271 on three Group 24 DC batteries that have cells that range from 1.260 to 1.180 SG readings.

Some of us are interested in increasing range and decreasing recharging times.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:05 AM   #6
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Hawkins View Post
Bet you do not have 21 DEEP CYCLE batteries do you?

At this hour I am getting a test bed set up to test the BatteryMINDer Model 36271 on three Group 24 DC batteries that have cells that range from 1.260 to 1.180 SG readings.

Some of us are interested in increasing range and decreasing recharging times.
No. I have SIX and they work great. And have been doing so for a long time because I take care of them. I have had sets of batteries that have lasted 5 years plus. Of course they start to die.

I am no pro at this, but as I said, this horse has been beaten a LOT. Everybody is interested in increasing range and decreasing recharging times, but posting the same thing that 300 people have already posted is a waste of time to me.

Good luck to you and your batteries.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:33 AM   #7
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Video Demo of a Battery Desulfator

ezgokid just because we do not understand something does not mean it does not work.

Because I can return the BatteryMINDer Model 36271 for another 49 weeks for a full refund I intend to understand how it does it magic if objective tests proves it does work.

When the T-105's are $200 a piece more will be interested in extending run times and decreasing recharging times with their banks.

I do understand your lack of interest but this project is for those who are interested in the value these kinds of products if any. Objective tests are the only way to know.

We all know batteries that are on 24/7 charging technology do last longer so the tender feature may be worth the cost but at this point my concern is does this desulfator work as I expect it will and if not will I get the refund per the terms of the contract with BatteryMINDer.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:49 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This video is not really a review of the results though is it??

What are you finding on results? I am curious.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #9
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The video is only one theory behind pulse desulfators. I am just setting up the test bed to see if the BatteryMINDer Model 36271 is worth keeping or if I should return it it for a full refund in the first year I have it. The first round of testing is on non useable deep cycle batteries. It is not designed to help in this condition but I want to see if it can help improve these at any level. If it dies it is no skin off my pocketbook.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Everything I have read says it is easier to avoid sulfating the plates than cleaning them but, I would love to see some real visual proof or scientific proof of desulfating?

So far???
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO