lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #21
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I want to buy carts in the US and ship them to Australia

It seems China has an edge in electrical passenger cars because they have some of the leading battery technology for that developing industry. Carts are still stuck with 100 year old technology it seems. :(
Gale Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2011, 08:21 PM   #22
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Carbon if you were to work with Scotty I bet you could work out the details that all carts that you got from him could come with new batteries, that would help with shipping, and may be cheaper for you in the end, just a thought....
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #23
dougmcp
Gone Wild

When I shipped to Australia a few years ago, we used the Los Angeles/Long Beach ports and ScottyB is right there in the neighborhood.
The weight is not as important as the size and if you can find a way to knock the carts down slightly it would allow more carts in a container. Removing of the roof and wheels, mounted on a skid and crated would maximize the load and stability of the cart inside.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:35 PM   #24
carbondriver
Not Yet Wild

Location: 6 months in WA...that's Western Australia by the way, and 6 months in Sarasota, Fl

Lost, I think that makes good sense.

On the subject of the Chinese and battery technology, they are buying a lot of Lithium from us here in Oz. The batteries are one thing, but as regards carts, I think the batteries are not as limiting due to the shorter range you need to cover. Lithium batteries will be far more expensive in the short term as all the product will go to electric cars.

Product design will always be limited on golf carts due to the relatively light weight use they have. I'm not sure whether there is any huge quantum leap that can be justified at the moment due to R and D costs. US product does best when it is de-bugged over many years, say like a Toyota Corolla which has had donkeys years of improvements (yeah I know its Japanese, but hope you get my drift).

For golf carts people are looking for simple/no maintenance and guaranteed use.
carbondriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #25
carbondriver
Not Yet Wild

Location: 6 months in WA...that's Western Australia by the way, and 6 months in Sarasota, Fl

Doug, makes sense as it is the shortest route and minimal road freight. Will look at LB to Fremantle, W Australia and if I sell any to other states the back freight rate is much cheaper going east. Would give me a chance to ensure the carts had travelled well. btw, Australia is as wide as the US, so it takes about 4 to 5 days to road freight across the country.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #26
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

I think you could do very well working with Scotty on this, just my opinion, plus I would believe you would great technical support if needed on top of that. I do not believe you will receive that from another shipper, plus if you buy Chinese from these other ones, from what I hear the support and parts replacement,,,,,,,well just sucks!
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:02 PM   #27
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Carbon, I forgot all about Western Australia, all my product went through Brisbane.
On another note, the products I shipped to Australia and New Zealand were all 220v/50Hz, do you just use an adapter for charging or do you have to use US export chargers?
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #28
carbondriver
Not Yet Wild

Yes, the main issue is always the 50Hz the rest of the developed world has LOL, so need to ensure we have the right chargers.

Brisbane is only 2,750 miles from here. Google maps reckons it will take me 2 days 0 hrs to get there by car!!!!!!!! It's only 2,580 miles from Long Beach to Sarasota....road trip LOL.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:37 AM   #29
down under
Just Don't Touch.

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbondriver View Post
Thanks for all your replies and very keen to go the space route so I can entertain the pilot!

down under, saw you on here cobber....bet they haven't a clue what all this digger, cobber mate stuff is....LOL

Looks like Trojan T875s are $199 ea plus about another $150 in shipping per set. May be issues sending lead acid batteries by freight ex USA that I don't need.

Although we ship a large load of Iron ore etc to China from here, I am not sure that the kind of person we are after would buy a Chinese cart at this moment in their evolution.

Have had an electric golf push cart from there the engineering leaves a lot to be desired. In fact its now clogging up my garage with all the other stuff I shouldn't have bought. I think we can sell slightly pimped up, clean carts with new batteries for a decent price. Chinese are not good at giving you anyhting except exactly what your drawing said, and even then not that. In the US people use their heads to think through issues which you don't get in many asian countries.
I also have two electric push carts. Chinese HI-Degree.Great remote control carts until the circuit board packs up,and you can't get an answer to any email you send for a replacement,can't even change them over to straight electric without remote.
down under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #30
down under
Just Don't Touch.

Club Car

Cardinalgolfcart.
Hey buddy you have put your thread in the wrong place,you probably won,t get a answer from here.
Go to home and select your cart catergory and place thread there,you will get heaps of very good answers.

P.S. Welcome to BGW>
down under is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car