lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #11
Bearsdad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: PDS Always in Reverse

Thanks Colt. That helps. Wish this would have happened 2 months ago when I had the body off.
Bearsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2011, 07:02 AM   #12
Bearsdad
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Scotty, What do you think?
Bearsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:16 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
OK Scotty. While I'm at it, should I go with the 500amp for the future? Like changing motors. Does the 400amp come with a bracket for mounting the selenoid? You say an 8 pc cable set, but you also show a 10 pc set. What is the difference? Just want to be clear on what I'm doing first. Thanks
If a big aftermarket motor is in your future plans then now is the time to increase your controller plan from 400 to 500 amps.
The 500 is generally considered too big for a stock motor so most people turn it down to 400a until the new motor arrives.
Generally 2 gauge cable is recommended for 500 amp and bigger controllers. The PDS cart comes stock with two 4g cables to the motor A1 & A2. These cables are fine with the 8pc 4g set I make. When you go up to 2g you need to change these 2 motor cables also hence the 10 piece set.
Hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #14
jesseconsopolus
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

very good info. i am planning a motor controller upgrade soon. helped a ton. currently looking at d&d motors, controllers.
jesseconsopolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #15
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
Thanks Colt. That helps. Wish this would have happened 2 months ago when I had the body off.
No problem BD! Hers is what I would do if I was you. Anywhere and everywhere sells controllers and cables. Here is the issue. When you upgrade your controller you have to upgrade your solenoid, resistor and diode. These are all specific to one another. What I have heard from other members is a lot of places for get the diode or forget the resistor or they are not the right one etc etc. Okay Scotty at Carts Unlimited sells you everything you need as a package and nothing will be left out. Just my experience.

Cables- boy oh boy is this one heck of a topic. I am just giving my 2 cents alot of other folks will disagree, so take it how you want. Making battery/motor cables is an easy task persay. But when it comes down to quality, strand count, durability, soldered and crimped joints it's really not that easy after all. Anybody can make a battery cable but does that mean it will function the way you want it to? In my opinion no. Believe it or not there is an art behind cable making and silver soldering. Scottyb makes the best cables in the industry. He has been doing it for many years with a 100% success rate. You will save so much time, money and frustration getting a full set of his 2 gauge cables, even if you are doing a stock controller this is one place were overkill is good! I have been working with computers and motherboards for awhile and I can solder really good. But this is a different type of soldering completely. I put an ohms meter on all of his cables and the most resistance I as able to get out of them was .002ohms. Do you realize how good that is? Almost zero resistance in a 2 foot long cable that has solder joints at both ends. Like I said this is just my experience and my 2 cents.

Colton

And like Scotty said the A1 and A2 cables are fine but I think they have a very piss poor terminal connection on the ends.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:36 PM   #16
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseconsopolus View Post
very good info. i am planning a motor controller upgrade soon. helped a ton. currently looking at d&d motors, controllers.
Please, Please, talk to others that have been doing this for years and installed more motors on carts than most people will ever see in a lifetime... D&D makes a great motor, however, if you want a truely quality built motor, stick with the GE units.... I have returned more motors to D&D than I care to think about due to bad motor bearings or bad tolerances on the armature shafts....... Not picking on D&D, just expressing my personal opinion.....
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:10 PM   #17
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Please, Please, talk to others that have been doing this for years and installed more motors on carts than most people will ever see in a lifetime... D&D makes a great motor, however, if you want a truely quality built motor, stick with the GE units.... I have returned more motors to D&D than I care to think about due to bad motor bearings or bad tolerances on the armature shafts....... Not picking on D&D, just expressing my personal opinion.....
Great info right there! Rabbit knows his chit!

Is plum quick out of the question?
Old 08-23-2011, 08:36 PM   #18
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltf1991 View Post
Is plum quick out of the question?
No, but it is alway nice to start with a new motor, then if he wants, he can have PQ do a rewind on it for added speed/torque.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #19
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea that's true!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO