lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #11
GreshamCA
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Burned up motor?

desigmon, You live in Hickory right? Just carry it over to PQ and ask them for their opinion. That will cost you less gas than the difference in one of their upgrades and a new motor. I live in Columbia, SC and hand carried mine to them last week because it was slam full of rust( just got the cart) and I thought it was a basket case. Robby told me no problem and I pick my Bandit upgade up Friday.
GreshamCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2011, 04:36 PM   #12
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Burned up motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigmon View Post
I'm not exactly sure which PQ upgrade I have to get (their website only has Club Car listed). But the minimum looks to be $250. I've already spent over $1k on this thing in the last 3 months just to get it running. Now not everyone has the same budget and $250 is quite a bit to me. Especially since I have a lot of other things I "need" to buy for my cart. I still have lights and other things to be done before Haloween just so I can take my daughter trick-or-treating.

Are you sure about risking the controller being burned up? That's the first I've heard of that. I know you risk burning up a stock contoller with an upgraded motor. But I have an upgraded controller and stock motor.
Well all the upgrades are gonna be the same regardless of the manufacturer of your cart. The question is are you 36v or 48v? If 36 your only option is the bandit upgrade which is a stellar uphrase and is $225.00.

Yes I am sure about burning up your controller. I have a alltrax 400 amp controller I purchased from Scotty at carts unlimited. My motor is factory from 2002 and has a bunch of carbon build up in it and no telling what the bearings and brushes look like. I spoke with Rabbitreborn and Scottyb, 2 extremely knowledgeable members on this forum about upgrading my motor. They both told me how much it would suck if I burnt up that brand new pretty little controller because my motor is worn out. So that right there made up my mind to have it all cleaned, rebuilt and rewound and custom painted. But it's one of those things. It may last a day it may last a year. You never know. I'm just trying to help you by preventative maintenance. Thanks

Colt

Call and talk to Rick or Robby. Both great guys and even if they don't make up your mind you will still be filled with a good amount of knowledge.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #13
desigmon
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Allright guys, you at least talked me into putting it towards the top of my list.
desigmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #14
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well that's good! What ever decision you make you won't be disappointed.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO