lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
khallphoto
Not Yet Wild

Default Loss of speed on 2005 EZGO PDS 36V cart

Hi Friends,
My 36V EZGO cart has a power/torque problem. I have replaced the batteries (t105,6V), solenoid, resistor and all cables. I am getting 37.85V on the Bat. side of the solenoid and 35.4V on the controller side. Still the cart has a significant diminished capability going up hills. It is also slow on the flats. I have checked the continuity on all wires ( motor,inductive throttle sensor) and they are all good.I don't know where the M- terminal is so I have not been able to complete the ITS diagnostics. When the cart is on blocks and I slowly depress the throttle pedal the passenger rear wheel does not spin, although when I mash it, it does spin but I can easily stop it with my hand. The performance jumper is set on Steep Hill(2/3 pins) but removing the jumper for All Terrain effects no change. I really don't want to have a service come out to diagnose the problem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
khallphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
dghii
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Loss of speed on 2005 EZGO PDS 36V cart

I have an 05 PDS cart with old 105 batteries and my cart will run close to 20 mph in freedom mode. It ran about 13 mph or so when I purchased it with the 'mild hill' jumper installed. I have not run it in either of the modes you mentioned so I cannot comment on your results.

You say you have a PDS cart...there is no "M-" to reference for PDS controller troubleshooting. It looks like you may be following the 'non PDS' chart (chapter E, figure 19 on page 17) as it does reference "M-". Figure 9 in Chapter F (page F-9) shows the diagram for a cart with a PDS controller.

With the PDS controller, you should be able to let the controller perform diagnistics, with the controller emitting 'beep codes'.

The controller will also report what mode it is in "steep hill, mild hill etc". Did your cart recognize the change from steep hill to all terrain? Did you go from run to tow, remove the jumper and then go back to run?
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think it sounds like it is running normally. They are going to slow going up a hill. With that chip its only going to get to 14 or so at best on flat ground but it is going to have the regen activated as well. Steep hill give the most braking and regen ability. It is also going to cause the most motor heat if you creep around.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
khallphoto
Not Yet Wild

I went through the diagnostic procedure and the controller beep reflected the current performance option but found no faults ( beep combos). I jumped the J2 connector and tried all 4 options with little performance change. I would say that my power output is @50% what it was 2 years ago. Could the motor be going south and how hard is it to replace? Thanks
khallphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by khallphoto View Post
Hi Friends,
................I have replaced the batteries (t105,6V), solenoid, resistor and all cables. I am getting 37.85V on the Bat. side of the solenoid and 35.4V on the controller side..................
37.85V indicates your battery is at 90% charge. Is the voltage at the battery pack the same as it is at the battery side of the solenoid?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
dghii
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

What does your voltage do under load (when you drive around)?

One other load check it to take your cart out for a 10-20 minute ride. When you return, open up the seat and feel each of your battery cables to see if how they feel (heat wise). I've done this and discovered one cable between batteries that was very warm compared to the others.

High heat, higher resistance under load and less power to your motor.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loss of power
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO