lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
dwatson7
Not Yet Wild

Default Wiring diagram

48 volt club car series motor, no go. Stopped while in motion. Solenoid clicks but no go. WOULD like wiring diagram and or t/s help
dwatson7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring diagram

Lots of CC wiring diagrams in the Stickies at the top of this section. Just click on 'electric club car' at the top of this page.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just because solenoid clicks does not mean that internal solenoid contacts are not defective? THE FOLLOWING YOU DO AT YOUR OWN RISK--If you ( CAREFULLY JACK UP AND SUPPORT CART REAR AXLE ) with rear wheels off of ground and free to turn and block front wheels in both directions and put a heavy guage wire across both large terminals on solenoid and if motor runs replace solenoid. WARNING DO NOT ALLOW MOTOR TO OPERATE BEYOND A FEW SECONDS AS IT CAN OVERRUN AND EXPLODE.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
dwatson7
Not Yet Wild

I will give that a try. I remember doing that to the stater solenoids in the old days, but in the mean time. Tell me if these readings help my cause. With key off and neutral I have 50 v @ A1 & A2 of motor without pressing pedal.
Key on and neutral 50 v @ A1 & A2 without pressing pedal.
Key on in Fwd 50v on all four motor lugs without pressing pedal
Key on in Rev 50v on all four motor lugs without pressing pedal
Key on and no pedal press I have 50v on both sides of solenoid and at the terminal end of yellow wire at controller. also have 50 v at white wire lug of controller. Does any of this help. I wish there was a wiring diagram or a T/S procedure available. U can contact me directly if u wish DWATSON7@GMAIL.COM

Don
Old 09-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
dwatson7
Not Yet Wild

I forgot to mention this car failed while in fwd motion and excellerating. Hope this helps.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #6
dwatson7
Not Yet Wild

I see that over a hundred people have viewed my post but only one response. Can someone out there offer any help. OLD MEC are u still out there. Please help!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #7
bcampbe7
Not Yet Wild

I am one of the 100+ views (maybe 2 or 3 of them). Sorry can't help though. I am just a newbie reading everything I can.
bcampbe7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

what year is it? have you went over the basics? i have seen dozens of carts that quit while driving due to a cable coming off so don,t assume its the motor they are pretty hardy and its rare for one to go bad..........start by checking the basics, all cables make sure they are good and tight than battery voltage each battery and than load test them.............if batteries and cables are good try jumping soleniod see what happens.....have you tried the charger? does it still work since break down? if you have a single soleniod and on one of the small terminals there is a 18 gage yellow wire you can run a jumper from there over to neg. term of #6 battery see if cart runs.................hope this helps some..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #9
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I sent you a PRIVATE MESSAGE several days ago with info and email address?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car