lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #11
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brighter lights on a TXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter B View Post
Do you have the cut in light kit that goes in the body? I swapped out the bulbs with some $20 xenon bulbs from Pep boys...much brighter than the originals!
No I have the POS light bar that mounts under the front cowl. That's why I made this thread because my current lighting is terrible and wanted another alternative. I think LED's are the way to go.
R8cer Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #12
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Can you take it apart and get to the bulbs?? Should be a standard bulb (h3 maybe) that you can get from any auto parts store. They make a ton of different replacements!
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #13
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter B View Post
Can you take it apart and get to the bulbs?? Should be a standard bulb (h3 maybe) that you can get from any auto parts store. They make a ton of different replacements!

Might be a possibility. Have to check into that.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:35 PM   #14
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Our old white EZGO at the terminal had that light bar. I was always impressed with the amount of darkness it would suck up. It ate bulbs like it was starved plumb to death, though. I also could never understand why the housing was not designed better, as everywhere in the vicinity of the bulbs, it was melted. I didn't find out that was a 12v light for several months. It had been hooked up directly to the keyswitch and was feeding on 36v directly. Lord only knows how long it had been that way. I rewired the bulbs on the left and right in series, respectively and then paralelled the two. The light output was reduced significantly, but at least it stopped eating bulbs...
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #15
E-z-Cuzin
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Ive been looking at the LED fog lights out now since they dont draw many amps.
i bought a led foglight kit from advance auto parts. its was about $25. it was complete junk. i finally bought the cut in light kit. its going to be powered by a 12v deep cycle group 24 battery from my boat. i will post pics later. (still light outside)
E-z-Cuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:04 PM   #16
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-z-Cuzin View Post
i bought a led foglight kit from advance auto parts. its was about $25. it was complete junk. i finally bought the cut in light kit. its going to be powered by a 12v deep cycle group 24 battery from my boat. i will post pics later. (still light outside)
What did you pay for the light kit? I thought about doing that but I have the cut in rear lights already and since I've seen only the complete kits being sold I would be paying for a whole kit when I only need the front assemblies. If somebody had a source to get just the front part of the kit I would go that route for the right price and change the bulbs to something ultra-bright. Plus I like the look of the cut ins as well.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #17
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8cer Ex View Post
No I have the POS light bar that mounts under the front cowl.
Those bulbs are about 30 watts or so, and you can replace them with bulbs about 50 watts, plug -n-play. I know my numbers aren't right (it's been many years since I did this) but you get the idea. It makes the POS lightbar much better, but I still prefer automotive driving lights.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:35 PM   #18
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Anybody tried cutting in the lights from the new RVX? I saw one at the beach and it was really sharp. Don't know about the brightness, it was day light.
trkbilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:39 PM   #19
R8cer Ex
Yes dear

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkbilder View Post
Anybody tried cutting in the lights from the new RVX? I saw one at the beach and it was really sharp. Don't know about the brightness, it was day light.
Great! Now I have think about that! Maybe I should do a hidaway system like on an Opel GT. pull the lever and poof....lights.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #20
E-z-Cuzin
Not Yet Wild

my wife got me the kit. i think it was 80 dollars. it has a real nice harness and i probably could have put it in quicker than i did. i like neat wiring and i have to remove the old junk. it uses h3 bulbs. you can get an HID kit for it $35. or go to advance and get the blue h3 bulbs. i think they are 55 watts. i dont know how the harness would like the 55's though. maybe someone knows.
E-z-Cuzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO