lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2011, 09:19 PM   #11
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Make my 1998 electric EZ Go faster with more torque.

Ill take DCS for the Daily Double Alex.....

Well a series cart doesnt have regen or down hill breaking so my guess is its a DCS cart.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #12
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Ill take DCS for the Daily Double Alex.....

Well a series cart doesnt have regen or down hill breaking so my guess is its a DCS cart.
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #13
longhorngolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I do apologize for that gentleman, I was reading two different post.

Either way a 600amp controller and a 12hp motor should do the job.
longhorngolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:56 PM   #14
rbirds
Not Yet Wild

It has the run tow on the cover.
rbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:59 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbirds View Post
I want to optimize the speed of my 1998 EZ Go electric golf cart. it has all original parts on it and I am looking for ways or products to enhance the speed and torque up hills. Also want the autobrake to stop when going downhill. Any help??
Quote:
It has the run tow on the cover.
Apparently, you have a 1998 TXT (DCS)

In general terms, carts with Sepex motors (DCS and PDS) aren't the best carts to make into off-road, hunting or similar vehicles, but they are okay for groomed paths and milder cross-country jaunts. If you want to climb hills steeper than about 45 degrees, creep along for long periods of time or do wheelies, a cart with a Series motor would be a better place to start. On the other hand, if you just want to cruise the neighborhood at 15-25 mph on paved, gravel or packed dirt road and cross a few fields without the cart slowing down to a crawl going up the hills and have regen braking going down, with a few upgrades, the DCS will probably do the job.

First, you've got to have good batteries. If they are weak or bad, you'll have poor performance.
Second, You've got to deliver current from the battery to the motor efficiently.
That means upgrading the high current Cables, Solenoid and Controller.

Exactly how far you upgrade depends on what the end goal for the cart is, and your budget.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #16
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Welcome rbirds, like Johnnie stated you have a couple of things to consider. If you are not wanting to keep the DCS platform you could always change it, but how much do you want to put into the cart, and how it is going to be used all of the time. Let us know.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:20 AM   #17
rbirds
Not Yet Wild

I only plan on using it on my "hilly" golf course. If I do go with the upgrades, will the cart use battery quicker? My fear is the cart will not go for 27 holes or 8 hours of golf, it has no problem doing that now.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

With a larger controller you have access to more amperage at any time, which is why performance is improved. Like putting a bigger motor in a car, the potential to burn more fuel (battery amps) is very real and the driver's foot has the biggest influence upon the final outcome.
The only way to increase torque and speed without increasing amperage usage is to increase the cart's drive system voltage.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #19
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I want to optimize the speed of my 1998 EZ Go electric golf cart. it has all original parts on it and I am looking for ways or products to enhance the speed and torque up hills. Also want the autobrake to stop when going downhill. Any help??
Put a DCX alltrax controller in it. You can turn off the regen/autobrake which should add life to the motor and controller. Go with a 400-500 amp one and turn it down to say 300 till you save for a new Motor then add the 2 more batteries to get you to 48 volts and flog the hell out of it. Of course there are some other items you will need like Cables and Solenoid but that is the basics.

You could buy a aftermarket motor for the DCS in a 8.5 hp, or send your motor in to PlumQuick and have them build it to your usage and needs for a little less if yours is still in good shape.

Scotty B may have the stuff to upgrade your DCS F/R switch and of course his "WORLD FAMOUS" 2G cables!
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #20
rbirds
Not Yet Wild

You all have been GREAT!
thank you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO