lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
KCC
Gone Wild

Question EZGO 36v Charger Recommendations

Hi, I need to get a charger for my newly acquired EZGO 36volt cart..What does everyone recommend for a good charger?

KCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: EZGO 36v Charger Recommendations

I would like to start here by saying DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER a Powerwise QE. I just purchased a 2008 that had a Powerwise QE that was not working. We're talking a 3 or 4 year old charger here, and after much checking around, it seems this is a throwaway charger with no hope of repairing. Also I found out from an EZGO dealer that EZGO has a ton of problems with this charger. In my case, I found an older used "transformer type" Powerwise charger. This is an older model (97 I think) but very substantial "and" repairable. It is working fine for me so far. I also understand that the Lestronic chargers are excellent. I'm sure the experts will be along with more suggestions. Hope this helps - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
TDAWG
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstik40 View Post
I would like to start here by saying DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER a Powerwise QE. I just purchased a 2008 that had a Powerwise QE that was not working. We're talking a 3 or 4 year old charger here, and after much checking around, it seems this is a throwaway charger with no hope of repairing. Also I found out from an EZGO dealer that EZGO has a ton of problems with this charger. In my case, I found an older used "transformer type" Powerwise charger. This is an older model (97 I think) but very substantial "and" repairable. It is working fine for me so far. I also understand that the Lestronic chargers are excellent. I'm sure the experts will be along with more suggestions. Hope this helps - RAY
Good advice!
TDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:32 AM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstik40 View Post
I have a 1998 PowerWise 28115 G01 that I no longer need. PM me if interested. It's a coil and core type "beast", mentioned above as being rugged and repairable. Mine's never needed any work.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:16 AM   #5
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Go for it, KCC. That's a good one!!! - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: EZGO 36v Charger Recommendations

I have bought all kinds and some good some not. I agree that the newer qe chargers aren't much. Mine is working right now but's it's only 1 year old.

I have found that the Power wise chargers do well if kept clean and dry. I have my 2004 Power wise that up until about a month ago when I went to 48 volts works great. It hasn't failed me yet and it was used all the time at the beach.

There are plenty of good chargers out there. I perfer transformer chargers that are heavy as stated they seem to last longer.
I just got this one a few months ago and it seems to be doing fine. It's a maintance charger to which I like.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #7
KCC
Gone Wild

Thanks for all the info guys! Appreciate it! Especially the pictures!
KCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO