lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #21
rich6111
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Steering Wheel Removal

Did you try the wax yet? Make sure you let it cool completly before you try it.We do it all of the time taking out broken bolts and plugs on engine blocks. Like I said I have used it on steering wheels and it has worked. Maybe somebody has put lock tite on it and then you are really going to have to heat it up to get it off. You need to use a big hammer with a real sharp blow while you are pushing up with your knees when you hit it.You might try some wood between your knees and the wheel so your knees do not absorb the hits. That wheel should have come off by now. Something strange.If there is lock tite on it you will have to hit it while it is still hot
rich6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #22
Gaylord
Not Yet Wild

The steering wheel puller did the trick. No extra hitting required. I have a very old puller (196, the kind that needs two taped holes. I drilled two of the drain wholes out and placed a nut on the end of the puller screws. All that was left was tighten the center screw and the wheel came off like it had never been stuck. Thanks for all the advice.......
Gaylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:31 AM   #23
OldBrewer717
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Every day for a week now, I've been putting on the wheel puller and PB blaster on and hitting it with a baby sleg. I do this a dozen times a day and the darn thing just stays there. It's a 1983 G1 so I think it has been on there for awhile, chuckle.
OldBrewer717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 05:02 AM   #24
OldBrewer717
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well thanks for all the help but, it finally came off.
OldBrewer717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car