lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default How much water?

I'm posting this under E-Z-GO because that is what my cart is, but this will probably apply to any make.
How much water does everyone use to refill your batteries? I realize this is a very vague question, but I'm just curious! I'm trying to get an idea of how much usage equates to how much water is used. To give you an idea of what I mean, I can charge and run my cart for about 30miles before having to add water. That might be three charge cycles.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How much water?

seems pretty often to me.
I've had my current one for almost a year and gone alot farther and have only needed to add water twice.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If your batteries are gassing a lot during charge that will require more refilling. Typically older batteries gas more during a charge.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Being a Senior Citizen Techno-Geek/Nerd, I'm trying to figure out if the driver's age and/or how much he gasses alters the equation.

In the warmer climates, evaporation could be a factor also. Spawn and simple man are both in FL, so how well the batteries are shaded from sun might make a difference.

My batteries were low when I first got the cart, thankfully the plates weren't exposed, but I haven't used much since then and I deliberately kept them in the gassing phase quit often for a couple months.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #5
Davemuzz
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If your batteries are gassing a lot during charge that will require more refilling. Typically older batteries gas more during a charge.
I seem to gas alot when I eat at taco bells. Not even filling up with distilled water seems to help.

However, I'm building a secret underground pipeline to vent these obnoxious gasses over to Colt's garage. After all.....it seems only right after all the advice he's give to the many on this forum.
Davemuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemuzz View Post
I seem to gas alot when I eat at taco bells. Not even filling up with distilled water seems to help.

However, I'm building a secret underground pipeline to vent these obnoxious gasses over to Colt's garage. After all.....it seems only right after all the advice he's give to the many on this forum.
I thought you guys had made up. At least the public insults have diminished. Jokes are fine.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
Davemuzz
Getting Wild

I thought that was on the sarcastic side. Heck....this pipeline is costing me a fortune. It's going from Pennsylvania to Houston. You know how much PVC that is?

Plus....I have to go thru West Virginia....you know what the payoff is for crossing those hillbilly lands???
Old 01-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #8
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
They are old, and they do gas for awhile. Now, by adding water, I don't mean a lot. About a quart for all of the batteries combined.
Now, as far as gassing goes, when I gas, I add more gas!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemuzz View Post
................Plus....I have to go thru West Virginia....you know what the payoff is for crossing those hillbilly lands???
Holy Hot Sheets, Batman!! Do you hear a Banjo?

JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
Davemuzz
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Holy Hot Sheets, Batman!! Do you hear a Banjo?

ho
Johnnie.....if you look real close at that photo....you will notice a pipe sticking out of the ground. Now, all I'm gonna say is they burry all the "out-of-towners" face down. Now...look at where that hole is in relationship to the headstone.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO