lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2012, 01:17 AM   #11
ETX
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 93 CC shocks - after cart shop lifted it - more un done work

With work and kids school functions and all my other commitments this will be a long slow project on jack stands. Now that I have decided to do this I will make sure everything is done correctly and looks "purtee". I have complained enough so I won't go into another screw up they did that I have found. I plan on taking pictures the entire way. Not afraid to ask questions........

Newest and not the last problem is trying to figure out how to make a steering wheel puller that will not trash the steering wheel getting it off...and yes I have searched it here....something so simple has gotten complicated. Can do attitude... I see my small hydraulic jack and nylon straps in my future....just have to experiment a liitle....
ETX is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2012, 07:11 AM   #12
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, I wouldn't mind hearing what else you found, but if you'd rather not say, then I understand. What a bunch of BONEHEADS!! These steering wheels must really be a bugga to get off. Someone will be along to help on that I am sure. Looking forward to seein how your resto comes out. I'm doing bits at a time...Im ok with some mechanical stuff, and usually come out alright if I am careful. Unfortunately.... I am electrically retarted....but learning more all the time.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #13
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Steering wheel should be simple without a puller.
Remove the center nut and washer if it has one, reinstall the nut until the top is flush with the threads, sit in the seat, slide forward, put your feet on the dash and lift the steering wheel up with your upper legs.
Hard pressure under the wheel while you strike the nut with a brass or aluminum block and big hammer will pop it loose.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:52 PM   #14
ETX
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Crash I'll try it again using your method after a good soaking of liquid wrench. I am not wanting to "soop-up" the cart, but get it back to operating like it did when we got it. My project (since I have never done this) will be more of a look and see where everything goes and how it is wired and replace as I go. If the V glide is worn out get a new one just like it so I know where everything should hook up. I am not sure if I am capable of doing any electrical modifications because all I know is red is positive and black is the other thingy. First I will be taking the top off and the fold down back seat, so I can remove the covers and have access to motor and rear end. Then take out the batteries, and then do a good cleaning and see what wires go where and label them. Then see if the battery pans and whatever else needs repainting. Roll it back in the "man cave", put it up on jacks and start fixin' stuff. Will probably be a couple of weeks before I even think about starting...plate is kinda full for now.
ETX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #15
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

Point of advice? When you go to take everything apart, grab a digital camera and take pictures of EVERYTHING from different angles so that you catch as much of the details as possible.

As the old saying goes: A picture is worth a thousand words!

If a label comes off you'll definately appreciate having the pictures to look at. Trying to remember how a bracket goes or where the extra bolt came from using pictures is much easier too.

-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:47 AM   #16
dbarrym
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

In the pic, the end of the threaded shock shaft looks ragged - is it possible that the end of the shaft sheared off? Especially if the shop used an air tool and over-torqued the nut.

If not, it's a standard size thread and you should be able to fix it in a few minutes with new bushings and washers - assuming you don't want to take the cart back to the shop and have them deal with it.

The bushings, washers, and nut kit runs less than $5.... see here.
dbarrym is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car