lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2012, 08:02 AM   #11
wbwood
Getting Wild

Club Car

Trying to adjust camber and toe in. On camber, it says to use the ball joints. How do I adjust the top ball joint to get the top of the tire to go out? Is there a way to pull it out with the nut loosened and then tighten the nut down?

On toe in, I see to adjust it on the tie rod using the nut on it. I loosened the nut but I need to extend the length of the tie rod. How is that done? Is there a way to pull it out some and then tighten the nut?
wbwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #12
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default Re: Trouble with Super Sport 6" lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbwood View Post
Trying to adjust camber and toe in. On camber, it says to use the ball joints. How do I adjust the top ball joint to get the top of the tire to go out? Is there a way to pull it out with the nut loosened and then tighten the nut down?

On toe in, I see to adjust it on the tie rod using the nut on it. I loosened the nut but I need to extend the length of the tie rod. How is that done? Is there a way to pull it out some and then tighten the nut?
When I did mine and if my memory serves me correct, you will have to jack the front off the ground again, remove the socket head bolt and then adjust the ball joint.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #13
wbwood
Getting Wild

Club Car

Oh, I thought I was supposed to adjust it with it on the ground.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #14
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

I wish that I had my cart here so I could look at it. I don't think the top ball joints can be adjusted without jacking it up an taking the hex socket bolt out. Do you have enough adjustment at the bottom to fix it.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:40 AM   #15
wbwood
Getting Wild

Club Car

All ball joints are in all the way except for one that has a couple threads showing and its on the top side of the tire is the better of the two. The one tire needs to come out about half inch at the top.

On toe in, how do you lengthen the tie rod? One side needs to come out some.. I was able to loosen the nut but couldn't figure out how to get the tie rod to extend. I'm thinking there is some way and then I tighten the nut back down.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #16
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

If it were me, I'd start with all four ball joints with about 1/2 of the thread exposed. That should leave you plenty of adjustment.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #17
wbwood
Getting Wild

Club Car

Got with my neighbor. He's an engineer for one of the Nationwide NASCAR race teams. He brought home the aluminum plates and digital level they use on their cars. It is pretty cool. Lay the plates flat against the wheel and use the level to figure out the camber. We did end up having to remove the bolts from the ball joints and lift the ball joints off the spindle. And then spin the ball joints out some. We continued to do that and reseat the ball joints until we were able to get them within about a tenth of a degree of 90 degrees. The plates were also used for the toe in. They had slots in them where you could place the measuring tape. A slot in the front of the plates and one in the rear. Worked perfectly. Learned that you need to loosen both nuts on both ends of the tie rod and then turn the actual tie road. Depending on the way you turn it depends on who way the wheels goes.

We also got the steering wheel around. I thought we had it straight, but it's off just a little, no biggie. But we did it with the steering column and steering linkage.

I learned a lt and am ever so grateful. Need to go out and get a gift card to restaurant for him and his girlfriend to show my gratitude.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car