lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
nc66uky
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 Club Car Parked in Storage Cannot be Pushed

My mother-in-law has offered to give me her 2003 Club Car that has been parked in her garage for 2 years. There was nothing wrong with this unit when it was parked. It was switched to tow position, but no further "wintering" was done. When she went to use it last year the batteries were dead. She did not use it enough to put $600 into the unit so she simply kept it parked in the garage.

Today I went to pick up the cart and thought it would be as simple as pushing it up on the trailer and heading home. I checked the brake and it was not engaged. I stepped on the "Go" pedal to make certain and even engaged and disengaged the brakes again to make certain. The cart was also in the neutral position. Given my rudimentary understanding I feel like this cart should be able to be pushed, however, this will not budge. It seems like something has seized up. To make matters worse it's in a very tight storage space.

I don't want to buy all new batteries if this will not fix the problem. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
nc66uky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 Club Car Parked in Storage Cannot be Pushed

sounds like one of the rear drum brakes have locked up. Jack up the rear end and turn each wheel to see if they free spin.

After you find out what is causing it not to move while in tow. Then you will need new batteries bu I would check the water in the ones you have and then charge them over night to see if they hold any charge then see if they have enough juice to move the cart before you buy new ones.
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:04 AM   #3
nc66uky
Not Yet Wild

Thank you very much! I will do that in the morning. What is the best way to manually get the rear drums to quit grabbing?
nc66uky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
89GatorClub
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc66uky View Post
Thank you very much! I will do that in the morning. What is the best way to manually get the rear drums to quit grabbing?
Once you get them loose and drive it the pads will clean the rotor when you brake or just take it apart and clean with brake cleaner
89GatorClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car