lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
tcrennan
Not Yet Wild

Default 2005 precedent electric customizing

Just got a 2005 electric precedent.I wanna hook up the cart,but I dont wanna regret buying the wrong stuff in the beginning.I am thinking motor,controller,lift kit and tires.I am not gonna get them all at the same time,so in what order would anyone suggest.I am not trying to make this the fastest cart,just a nice cart.A-arm lifts vs. spindle? Tire size? Any info is appreciated.
tcrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2005 precedent electric customizing

I have a couple of Precedents and each is set up differently. The one I have for my toy is an 05 that has a 500 amp Alltrax controller with a Plum Quick Bandit motor, Allsports 6" lift, 14" wheels, 23" tires, HD rear springs, 4 gauge cables and rear seat. It's fast with good torque but not something you want kids driving around.

The one that I allow kids and guests to drive is an 08 with Phantom after market body kit with extended top, AllSports 6" lift, 14" wheels, 23" tires, 4 gauge cables, stock controller and motor set to speed code 4. The regen funciton still works, the cart will run around 22 mph on the flats but slows down on steep hills.

If I weere to have just one, it would be the 08 with the way i have it set up. Plenty fast and still safe for the grandkids and guests.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
JasonsGolfCarts
Getting Wild

I would suggest motor prior to changing controller. If you put an admiral motor in addition to a lift/wheel/tire combo you will probably be satified with speed. We build many Precedents with the motor in the link below and with 22" tires and they run 23-25 on flat ground and do not loose much speed at all climbing a hill. If you do this and it is still not enough you can always add a controller later.

http://www.jasonsgolfcarts.com/Club_...M_p/mot-a2.htm
JasonsGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
tcrennan
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the info,I got a general idea.More post are welcome
tcrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car