lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #21
KY Gun Geek
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: High Torque Motor: Stutter or Whiplash, WTF?

lol sorry for being confusing -

The ITS is there, and wired properly (haven't messed with it). I removed the metal rod on the end of the throttle cable - the one that goes into the opening of the IT sensor.

When you remove the rod, the collar that keeps the micro switch arm pushed closer to the housing is removed too, so the controller reads the switch as activated all the time (I dunno if the switch is NO or NC, so I dunno which signal the controller is reading, but for purposes of this discussion it doesn't matter)

The net here is that no adjustment is possible to tune down the low number of the ITS output. If the rod isn't even there, the ITS is not sensing it and adding more voltage.

The the throttle comes on at 1.6v. The spec is a 1.7v swing (1.0 - 2.7), so this thing is coming on at about .6/1.7 = 35%.

Sourcing an ITS today, and we'll see...
KY Gun Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Gun Geek View Post
Scotty sent me a page from a manual re voltage tests on the ITS and I got 1.6v when the solenoid clicks in (spec is 1v +/- 0.3v) and 2.5v at full throttle (spec is 2.7v +/- 0.5v). Full reading appears at about 3/4 of the pedal travel.
Sorry if I'm stepping on any toes, but I'm not sure if those specs are the correct ones for your cart.

First I want to verify what your cart is a 1995 TXT with a Series wound motor and a stock controller (Curtis 1206)

If so, the attached pages are probably the specs you should be troubleshooting with.

Note that the low end is 0.45V to 0.53V and the top end is only 1.5V or above.

Since you are getting 1.6V on the white wire (Pin-1) with plunger completely removed from the box, I'd take a mighty close look at the voltage going to the ITS coil (Black wire on Pin-2).

FWIW: The ITS voltages and adjustments are different for PDS, DCS, earlier Series and later Series. (I don't know the year the change occurs in series carts)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TXT Svc Man cover page - Pre 1998.JPG (43.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS - Series - Pre 1998.JPG (80.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS - Adjust Pg1 - Series - Pre 1998.JPG (62.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS - Adjust Pg2 - Series - Pre 1998.JPG (54.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
FWIW: The ITS voltages and adjustments are different for PDS, DCS, earlier Series and later Series. (I don't know the year the change occurs in series carts)
Correction: I'm wrong.

After reviewing several service manuals, it appears that the ITS Voltages and Adjustments are the same for DCS and Series (All years).
It is only the PDS that is different.

The PDS specs are the ones KY was using for troubleshooting.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #24
KY Gun Geek
Not Yet Wild

In the interest of closing this out so that some poor SOB looking for help gets here, the resolution turned out to ba a problem with the ITS. More detail can be found here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ler-its-2.html

So now my cart is back to stock (no high torque motor), and working well.

Do i leave it alone?
KY Gun Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY Gun Geek View Post
In the interest of closing this out so that some poor SOB looking for help gets here, the resolution turned out to ba a problem with the ITS. More detail can be found here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ler-its-2.html

So now my cart is back to stock (no high torque motor), and working well.

Do i leave it alone?

NOoooo .......... never!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO