lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #11
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: Cart Width HELP !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Yes exactly. I bolted 2X6s in the floor of mine right when I got so the metal mesh would not push through and get bent.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #12
nobogez42
Gone Wild
Club Car

A site I looked on said the Tacoma bed was 41.5 inches between the wheel wells. I am having a hard time trying to picture how a 50" wide cart is going to fit in the truck. If enough wheel well is taken out in order to accommodate The minimum 50" width, it seems to me the truck wheels would interfere.
nobogez42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:25 PM   #13
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobogez42 View Post
A site I looked on said the Tacoma bed was 41.5 inches between the wheel wells. I am having a hard time trying to picture how a 50" wide cart is going to fit in the truck. If enough wheel well is taken out in order to accommodate The minimum 50" width, it seems to me the truck wheels would interfere.
It is a really bad idea for him to do this. It is gunna look Ghetto and probably going to be some pretty dangerous loading and unloading episodes, not to mention how the wheels will be affected by the reduced well area
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #14
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobogez42 View Post
Thats what I keep finding as well. One nice thing about the Big three is, all of their full size trucks are all wide enough between the wheel wells to accommodate 4x material.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #15
cpc12
Not Yet Wild

I know its a bad idea, that really sucks. The big 3 eat fuel so they are not an option. I would need to take 4 inches off each side for it to fit.

Im not concerned with how it will look, I have bed liner for when I don't need to load the cart. Im more concerned with loading and unloading the cart. I guess people do it with bigger trucks though, thats just as shady..

I guess Ill be getting a tailer since its the best option. I really suck at backing them up thats why I don't want one..
cpc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #16
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

Practice, practice, practice. It then becomes second nature.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #17
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

And the shorter the trailer the harder they are to back up, LOL. If you opt for a cargo trailer, I got mine at Lowes for around 3k.

Also, if you cut the wheel wells I was referring to the looks from outside, I am sure it will be very noticeable. But if you made a really good cut you could just duct tape the wells back in when you are not carrying the cart
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:20 PM   #18
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I'm not a fan of loading carts in the back of small trucks. Keep in mind that the back of these carts weighs far more than the front. It's a lot of weight on your tailgate, and it's also a lot of weight removed from the front. Very dangerous, especially in the rain.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #19
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc12 View Post
I know its a bad idea, that really sucks. The big 3 eat fuel so they are not an option. I would need to take 4 inches off each side for it to fit.

Im not concerned with how it will look, I have bed liner for when I don't need to load the cart. Im more concerned with loading and unloading the cart. I guess people do it with bigger trucks though, thats just as shady..

I guess Ill be getting a tailer since its the best option. I really suck at backing them up thats why I don't want one..
Man it really does become second nature (backing). I have a small lawn business and I do it all the time without even thinking.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #20
delagem
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc12 View Post
I am getting a 08 Precedent with standard tires.
I am cutting out my wheel wells to do this. I don't want to cut them completely out just enough to fit a lifted cart.
Here is an option to consider instead. For less than $100 in lumber, build a platform that fits into the bed of of your truck, even with the height of the wheel wells. Perhaps some 2x6"s and some 1/2" plywood.

You could even go totally hack, and just throw a few pallets in there, throw a sheet of plywood on top, and drive up on them, if it's just for a one-time transport.

All this would do is basically raise the entire bed up to where it's even with the wheel wells.

I couldn't find a good photo of what I'm thinking of, but something like this:

Remove the toolbox, widen it in front and behind the wheel wells, and skip the ramp stored underneath...

delagem is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car