lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
joeypete
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart unresponsive to pedal

Hi guys,

I own a 2003 Club Car Villager 4 IQ. After loading and moving my cart to a new state i am having issues with it. I cannot get the cart to move forward or reverse. It appears to be charging just fine but when i press down on the pedal the cart only slightly jerks forward. I brought it to a shop and they wanted to charge me 600 dollars to fix it so i took it back with the feeling that they were trying to rip me off. Anyhow, they told me that it was a solenoid and some other part that i cant for the life of me remember. I think they said "Irod" or something like that. The closest component i found resembling that name is the tie rod which upon visual inspection appears to be fine. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong or where i should start? I've heard that it could be the potentiometer but i have no idea how to test the one i have. Is it possible the solenoid is the only thing causing this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ! :)
joeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Cart unresponsive to pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeypete View Post
Hi guys,

I own a 2003 Club Car Villager 4 IQ. After loading and moving my cart to a new state i am having issues with it. I cannot get the cart to move forward or reverse. It appears to be charging just fine but when i press down on the pedal the cart only slightly jerks forward. I brought it to a shop and they wanted to charge me 600 dollars to fix it so i took it back with the feeling that they were trying to rip me off. Anyhow, they told me that it was a solenoid and some other part that i cant for the life of me remember. I think they said "Irod" or something like that. The closest component i found resembling that name is the tie rod which upon visual inspection appears to be fine. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong or where i should start? I've heard that it could be the potentiometer but i have no idea how to test the one i have. Is it possible the solenoid is the only thing causing this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ! :)

MCOR, which is the Motor Control Output Regulator? What is the battery voltage of each battery?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
joeypete
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
MCOR, which is the Motor Control Output Regulator? What is the battery voltage of each battery?
MCOR doesnt sound familiar, Is there anyway to check it? I think the batteries are 8v each (6x8 to equal 48v).
Old 08-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
fabricatorjay
Getting Wild

Club Car

try smackin the solenoid with a screwdriver,i bet its stuck,thats just what mine did,press the pedal down and it just starts to go but stops,can you hear the solenoid clicking?
fabricatorjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #5
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
MCOR doesnt sound familiar, Is there anyway to check it? I think the batteries are 8v each (6x8 to equal 48v).
No, check the voltage of each battery and post the results.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #6
joeypete
Not Yet Wild

5 of the batteries test at 8v and one of them came out around 6v. Voltage didn't change when i depressed the accelerator. For what its worth the dealership told me my batteries were good, but that was a while ago. Just for background -I replaced the batteries 3-4 years ago with the trojan brand batteries that were recommended at the time.

Also, i hear one single click from the solenoid when depressing the accelerator.

Thanks
Old 09-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #7
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
5 of the batteries test at 8v and one of them came out around 6v. Voltage didn't change when i depressed the accelerator. For what its worth the dealership told me my batteries were good, but that was a while ago. Just for background -I replaced the batteries 3-4 years ago with the trojan brand batteries that were recommended at the time.

Also, i hear one single click from the solenoid when depressing the accelerator.

Thanks
The one battery that reads around 6v is completely dead. This will cause run issues. I would replace it with a good used battery and see how the cart reacts. I would almost guarantee that is your fix...

Also, have you checked water levels lately?
Old 09-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
joeypete
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
The one battery that reads around 6v is completely dead. This will cause run issues. I would replace it with a good used battery and see how the cart reacts. I would almost guarantee that is your fix...

Also, have you checked water levels lately?
I cant find a used battery anywhere so im just gonna buy a new one for $125 (same type of battery). I filled the water two days ago. The levels looked good but i put a little more in to be sure.

Ill report what i find after replacing the battery. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #9
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I cant find a used battery anywhere so im just gonna buy a new one for $125 (same type of battery). I filled the water two days ago. The levels looked good but i put a little more in to be sure.

Ill report what i find after replacing the battery. Thanks!
Just remember that your other batteries are older so when it's charging it will take longer to charge the other 5 batteries then the new one. This will just shorting the life of the new one so keep an eye on the water level in it as it will boil longer waiting for the other 5 batteries to catch up.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #10
joeypete
Not Yet Wild

Well due to my significant others objections im gonna wait and try to find an old battery . Ill let you know when i do. There isnt anywhere online that would sell one is there?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car